***ALERT**Jeffco Emergency Alert Call Stabbing Suspect-Closed

06 Jul 2011 19:12 #11 by chocolove
Viking, if you haven't hidden it by accident, the shoutbox is on the first page of the forums, right under the Hot News banner...It gives quick information, sometimes a link. You won't be able to see the link since you are one of the chosen few who have been banned. If you have hidden it, then it shows still under the Hot News Banner but says Shoutbox - Show and you click on that and it will show. It is more like a little chat screen...I am pretty sure you have seen it before, it has been around longer than you have been gone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2011 19:21 #12 by The Viking

chocolove wrote: Viking, if you haven't hidden it by accident, the shoutbox is on the first page of the forums, right under the Hot News banner...It gives quick information, sometimes a link. You won't be able to see the link since you are one of the chosen few who have been banned. If you have hidden it, then it shows still under the Hot News Banner but says Shoutbox - Show and you click on that and it will show. It is more like a little chat screen...I am pretty sure you have seen it before, it has been around longer than you have been gone!

Honestly, I never used it when I was there. Plus why are people sending me to Pinecam to get news on the community? Doesn't 285Bound have the same updates on local emergencies? THAT is what I am wanting to see. I am NOT going to a site that doesn't want me there and where I am not welcome and can't click on links. Where they told me to go away and they don't care if I get emergency information up here. A site that has put it's personal ego ahead of the community and it's welfare by not allowing ALL people to get emergency information. This is a perfect example! My friend was panicing trying to get ahold of her son who was within a few houses of the stabbing and I am not a welcome community member on a local site to be able to get this information! And I am not sure why 285Bound is trying to send it's members there? I thought we could get all the emergency info here too?

06 Jul 2011 20:54 #13 by jf1acai
IMO, 285bound has excellent emergency information, but, I believe it is always good to check all available sources of information. No single source can catch everything, or have all the correct information all the time.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Jul 2011 21:40 #14 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Viking,

I don't think anyone is trying to send you anywhere. They are trying to give you options to use whatever information is available to you in an emergency, irregardless of the source, as long as it is accurate. Nobody that I know want's you to leave 285Bound for any reason, other than possibly VL.

06 Jul 2011 22:03 #15 by CC
I read this story on the DenverChannel.
My prayers for the Mom and this family. Very sad story.

06 Jul 2011 22:18 #16 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic ***ALERT**Jeffco Emergency Alert Call Stabbing Suspect-Closed
Who cares about PC having the info?
Just search all the news stations, the are up on the top menu.
I use this site for my weather and getting around to news and traffic sources.
Why would you try to go through PC for this?
Who cares?
And yes sad story.
Family prayers from me also.

06 Jul 2011 22:32 #17 by Local_Historian
I was driving though that area about 4pm; could not comprehend why I saw six sherriff's vehicles in less than a mile. Now I know.

06 Jul 2011 23:47 #18 by The Viking

jf1acai wrote: IMO, 285bound has excellent emergency information, but, I believe it is always good to check all available sources of information. No single source can catch everything, or have all the correct information all the time.

Oh I agree that we have fantastic emergency information over here. And thank you for that! :thumbsup: Someone just posted that they had the sotry that he was captured on Pinecam but I can't see s*** over there and really they don't exist to me, so I was just wondering if it were true and where it was here. I am not going to the litter box, or whatever they call it.

07 Jul 2011 10:46 #19 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote:

Joe wrote: Its a somewhat hidden hard to find area on a certain site where all the clicky people gab and BS and sometime post important info for those same people. Most ordinary common people don't see it or know how to find it. Comprende? :)

Yes I comprende now. I haven't been allowed on that site in a year and a half. Why would SC send me there? I thought she was sending me to a link on here.

And LMAO at your description of it! lol

I wasn't trying to send you to PC, just FYI. I was just commenting as to where MeadowMouse's info had come from - not an official source, and I was out and about and couldn't look it up on the news sites to make sure it was confirmed. We try to be very careful on stories like this to make sure that we post only official confirmations.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Jul 2011 12:30 #20 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Joe wrote: Its a somewhat hidden hard to find area on a certain site where all the clicky people gab and BS and sometime post important info for those same people. Most ordinary common people don't see it or know how to find it. Comprende? :)

Yes I comprende now. I haven't been allowed on that site in a year and a half. Why would SC send me there? I thought she was sending me to a link on here.

And LMAO at your description of it! lol

I wasn't trying to send you to PC, just FYI. I was just commenting as to where MeadowMouse's info had come from - not an official source, and I was out and about and couldn't look it up on the news sites to make sure it was confirmed. We try to be very careful on stories like this to make sure that we post only official confirmations.

From what I know, MeadowMouse is a huge supporter of Pinecam. When she posted that there was a discussion of him being caught, from what I have heard from one of my friends who is with the Firedepartment and lives right next to the incident, he was not even caught at that time. So it was all rumors in that litterbox, (or whatever they call it). 285Bound still has much more reliable and accurate information, and Meadowmouse, you have to remember that there are a whole lot of us on this site that were told that we are no longer welcome there so there is no need to try and point out what they are saying over there. They are too much of a divisive site and I can't click on their links anyway. But I am glad to see you posting over here. Maybe you will come to love it more and realize that we are much more community friendly. :thumbsup: Have a fantastic day!

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds