Steakhouse - Dead Meat - Why ??

19 Jul 2011 22:37 #21 by daisypusher
If he thinks the area is depressed he should have lived here 20 years ago. Not that is was depressed then, but it was more rural. He cannot appreciate the area is over built. That is not a problem with "depression", but over building. This area is supporting a several fold increase in businesses just fine. We actually have experienced quite a boom here.... Oh well, a lack of historical perspective can do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2011 18:02 #22 by MeadowMouse
We ate at the steak place many months ago. It was good. There were not many people there, maybe thats part of the problem up here.

20 Jul 2011 22:02 #23 by Martin Ent Inc
What dp said we been here forever.

21 Jul 2011 00:32 #24 by gmule
I remember applying for a job when Safeway first opend up. That seems like forever ago

21 Jul 2011 06:36 #25 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Steakhouse - Dead Meat - Why ??
daisypusher, Martin Ent Inc, Totally AGREED.
It seems that the old timers, didn't mind at all that we were "depressed", BECAUSE WE WHERE NOT!
O sure, 285 (two lane only) one accident, and you just shut off your car and wait, (which BTW there where less then), people used to b*tch about having going "down the mountain" because you couldn't find what you were looking for "up the mountain", You would walk into any of the reasturants/bars, "Say Good Morning/Afternoon/Night" and get greeted with a chours of "Good Morning/Afternoon/Night", and the owner/waiter/hostess would say "The usual?" and you'd reply "Sure!". Sure, all the Safeway/Conifer Hardware folks KNEW your name without reading it off a recpeit... Sure you knew that you could just leave your car "puffing" in the parking lot and it would still be there after shopping... Sure, if it was the middle of a blizzard, and your wife was at the store, and it got REALLY bad the manager would drive her home safely... Sure EVERYBODY WAVED to EVERYBODY ELSE, and if they didn't return the wave you knew that they were flatlanders... Sure, if your car broke down anywhere, somebody would stop and see if all was well, (and if they didn't flatlanders)... Sure there's a MOUNTAIN ATTUTIDE, called respect of the people, animals, & land... Sure it would take forever to get things done, but that was because they'd get to it when they got to it, ("Be there between 4-6 days, maybe sooner..." {then you got about a 1/2 hour story of the persons life, and you loved it, and somehow always had the time to listen})... Sure used to see 200 head of elk cross 285, and sat there until they all passed...

But hey, who misses that anyway...

[center:25oqdotg]I SURE AS HELL DO![/center:25oqdotg]

21 Jul 2011 07:01 #26 by cydl

21 Jul 2011 09:06 #27 by HEARTLESS
:agree:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

22 Jul 2011 10:20 #28 by Local_Historian
Add me to that list - I MISS that kind of community and attitude.

I bet Del has no idea who Peter is, nor have they ever given him a ride.

They still get lost using landmarks a lot of us have known a good part of our lives. Nor does Del wish to learn anything about the area and what it can be when greedy assed developers aren't mucking up the place and leaving empty buildings and complexes behind. I did note that one building that was empty only two WEEKS is now once again full. BUt yeah, that's all because we're in a depression. Right.

22 Jul 2011 11:14 #29 by cydl
It never ceases to amaze/amuse(darkly)/piss me off the number of folks who move up here to get "away from the city" and then whine that there isn't a Pizza Hut or a Wal-Mart or a (fill in the blank). Really???!!! You want all that stuff? Then move back to Denver! It's very simple! I live up here because I don't want and don't care about ANY of that crap! And I love this place the way it is. Yes, change is inevitable. But development for the sake of development is stupid.

22 Jul 2011 12:34 #30 by Mr Peabody

deltamrey wrote: or until we the winners stop picking up the tab - it will not change.

I'm just glad that someone besides Charlie Sheen is..."WINNING"

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds