Steakhouse - Dead Meat - Why ??

22 Jul 2011 13:43 #31 by The Viking

Mr Peabody wrote:

deltamrey wrote: or until we the winners stop picking up the tab - it will not change.

I'm just glad that someone besides Charlie Sheen is..."WINNING"

rofllol :rofl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2011 14:04 #32 by BearMtnHIB
I thought the food at "up da mountain" was OK- nothing to write home about but my main beef would have been the "a la carte" structure for everything. Want a baked potato with that $35 steak- extra!

As I stated in a thread when this place first opened up- if your going to open a high end place in this area- Conifer OR Evergreen- it better be somthing special. Everyone will go to your place once, but if it's not a pretty special place, there's a million choices just 30 minutes down the hill just the same.

I think most places up here are just "OK"- nothing special. The same ol crowd of burned out hippies work at all of them. They just circulate around as the restaurants go in and out of business, and they can't cook. No offense to all my friends who work at them all- you all know who you are!

I did like isabella's at the Brook Forest Inn- back when Larry was cooking- I hear he's back there cooking again. That guy can cook.

22 Jul 2011 20:23 #33 by BuyersAgent1
I think what the OP has brought forward is the community tension that mountain people have to endure, while at the same time lauding their stress-free experience. When new people come here, they are often surprised to find so much stress exists in such a beautiful place. From the exterior, there seems to be plenty of room for all "in God's country."

But the truth is, there is a lot of fairly hostile tension in our community between those who want to use the area for convenience and development of commerce (such as the OP) and those who do not want to see it (as they view the issue) corrupted. By and large, the people most invested in growth are builders, business (including restaurant) owners, RE agents, and schools. As shown by OP, these folks aren't shy about expressing their distaste for people who don't seem to be "evolving" fast enough to suit them. They tend to populate homeowner association boards, local political offices and "community presentations" because of the value of those pursuits to their business endeavors -- while hardly anybody else gives a darn or has the time to do it -- so their views tend to be influential.

To a somewhat lesser degree, people with children are "pro growth" to the extent they would like to see more entertainment and job opportunities for their kids as they grow into needing them. An equal number are commuters who'd appreciate having local services closer to home. In all, a fair number of citizens would like to see more build-out -- some of them more articulate about their thoughts, if not their feelings, than OP.

On the other side of the issue are those who prioritize the habitat that makes the area precious to begin with. So long as it's relatively safe insofar as ingress/egress and other basic concerns, these people would prefer to preserve what Nature put there instead of celebrating the things of Man. Very sorry, OP, but not only are these folks fairly equal in number to the "build out" proponents -- they also happen to be right.

22 Jul 2011 20:26 #34 by jf1acai
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :like:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 Jul 2011 21:18 #35 by Martin Ent Inc
People with children seem to be moving down the hill more.
pupil #'s seem to be down.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds