A bear was here.

19 Jul 2011 20:13 - 19 Jul 2011 20:37 #1 by gmelton
A bear was here. was created by gmelton
Mckinley (spelling?) sub div, about two and a half miles south of Pine Junction. Bear was about 400 ft from the road and heading south west ish. You can put this into google maps 39.453923,-105.426013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2011 20:20 - 19 Jul 2011 21:32 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic A bear was here.

gmelton wrote: Mckinley (spelling?) sub div, about two and a half miles south of Pine Junction. Bear was about 400 ft from the road and heading south west ish.

Wouldn't the correct description be "bear, spotted?" I'm left wondering what color the bear is and what color the spots are... lol With all the weather this evening I'm betting this bear was out looking for a dry place to hang out and maybe some easy food that humans left out to get into.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Jul 2011 20:38 #3 by gmelton
Replied by gmelton on topic A bear was here.

otisptoadwater wrote:

gmelton wrote: Mckinley (spelling?) sub div, about two and a half miles south of Pine Junction. Bear was about 400 ft from the road and heading south west ish.

Wouldn't the correct description be "bear, spotted?"

Could be

19 Jul 2011 20:54 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic A bear was here.
And there, and there, and everywhere.

20 Jul 2011 06:30 #5 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic A bear was here.
Green Valley last week, HUGE Papa, in the dog pen, (No worries, dogs stay inside at night), after Wiffie left out bird feeders, He LOVES sunflower seeds. Chowed down on it, that one survied, the other one will be found in the trash. Also took out about 4 stumps on his travels, find with me, just wish they'd dig them all the way out.

20 Jul 2011 09:08 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
they are hungry... probably same one that tore up our big ginormous stump. I have found the bears to be fairly gentle when they do get into something. We have our suet and hummingbird feeders out on a steel line (like a clothes line) about 20 feet in the air. last year a bear tried to climb a small aspen about 2" trunk to get to them (even if it was able to climb the tree, it still would not have gotten to them) but stripped ALL the branches off trying... step, snap, reach, snap... the tree has one little green branch this year. We'll see if it comes back next year. Have only SEEN the mom and cubs and one yearling this year. Of course, as we know, that doesn't mean squat. They are around, always around.

20 Jul 2011 09:41 #7 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic A bear was here.
I remember ya telling us that... LOL!
Come over on the weekend and I can show you (one of they're) dens.
As well, as the Mountain kills. BTW, it's been about 2-3weeks since the mountain lion has been around, keep a look out, should be coming though again, last time, sign showed it was a she-lion & cub. So, also be careful. Also noticed that the most of the deer and elk have vansihed?
Our (Well, God's) family of 6 have split!

21 Jul 2011 14:31 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
wow... never have I SEEN a mountain lion, only tracks in snow a couple of times. We saw a small fawn in our cul-de-sac yesterday. Hope it's OK. Haven't seen any other deer for about a week, now that you mention it. My flowers are happy - I actually have daylilies with FLOWERS on them! (today anyway)

21 Jul 2011 16:31 #9 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic A bear was here.
I chased one away last night in my driveway. We stood about 15-20 feet away for about a minute. Probably the closest that I stood to one. He couldn't figure me out with the flashlight. Started to walk towards me so I just hollared at him and stomped at him and he ran off. Thought I was gonna have to wrestle my first bear. Wasn't a real big one. Maybe 200-250 lbs. I love living up here! I love our animal negihbors!

21 Jul 2011 17:03 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
when I first started to read your post, I thought it said, it was about 15-20 feet tall!! HAAHHHAHAHAHAHAAA

and I love that you love the critters

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds