Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

25 Jul 2011 08:51 #21 by Sunshine Girl
Somehow I was still surprised/shocked to hear of her death given what a mess she was and always survived. Whether it was just a matter of time or not, it was sad IMO. Healing thoughts out to her family and loved ones. RIP Amy.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2011 09:38 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

Sunshine Girl wrote: Somehow I was still surprised/shocked to hear of her death given what a mess she was and always survived. Whether it was just a matter of time or not, it was sad IMO. Healing thoughts out to her family and loved ones. RIP Amy.

Thanks for getting us back on topic after we were so rudely sidetracked by Viking SG.

25 Jul 2011 09:48 #23 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: Somehow I was still surprised/shocked to hear of her death given what a mess she was and always survived. Whether it was just a matter of time or not, it was sad IMO. Healing thoughts out to her family and loved ones. RIP Amy.

Thanks for getting us back on topic after we were so rudely sidetracked by Viking SG.

:faint: lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Jul 2011 12:09 #24 by CC

I feel exactly the same way. Any time a 27 year old young lady dies with such a bright future ahead of her is very sad. I have spent some time listening to her music and she was very talented.
Hopefully her death will help speak to this problem and maybe someone can be saved from the same tragic end.

25 Jul 2011 12:19 #25 by daisychain
This is a fairly long blog post written by a mom who's son was given a fatal overdose by an adult couple using teenagers in the community to sell drugs. (If you have time read her archives and the site JusticeforHenry.) The article gives another view of drug addiction besides the 'if you die from drugs its your problem not mine' mind set.
http://blogs.babble.com/babble-voices/h ... -overdose/

25 Jul 2011 13:08 #26 by homeagain
Russell Brand lamented this......."when you love someone who suffer from the disease of addiciton you await the phone call''....the nature of the call will either be good news ("They've had enough,that they're ready to stop" OR bad ("the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late,they're gone"). The following eloquent statement was Russell Brand's tribute to a friend he "shared an affliction with,the disease of addiction"........ "The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius.From her oddly dainty presence,a voice that seemed not to come from her,but from somewhere beyond even Billie and Ella, from the font of all greatness.A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at one,entirely human,yet laced with the divine. My ears,my mouth,my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse!!.....she wasn't just some hapless wannabe,yet another pissed up nit who was never gonna make it,nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes. She was a f---king genius." I never glanced at any of her work until Someone posted a video of her,BEFORE she was discovered and exploited......the voice had such love,pain,power,I wish I had been there from the first to witness her mesmerizing magic.......I wasn't......a talent that left way too soon,
genius gone......how achingly sad for that gendre..... :music: :tulip:

25 Jul 2011 13:24 #27 by Sunshine Girl

homeagain wrote: Russell Brand lamented this......."when you love someone who suffer from the disease of addiciton you await the phone call''....the nature of the call will either be good news ("They've had enough,that they're ready to stop" OR bad ("the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late,they're gone"). The following eloquent statement was Russell Brand's tribute to a friend he "shared an affliction with,the disease of addiction"........ "The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius.From her oddly dainty presence,a voice that seemed not to come from her,but from somewhere beyond even Billie and Ella, from the font of all greatness.A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at one,entirely human,yet laced with the divine. My ears,my mouth,my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse!!.....she wasn't just some hapless wannabe,yet another pissed up nit who was never gonna make it,nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes. She was a f---king genius." I never glanced at any of her work until Someone posted a video of her,BEFORE she was discovered and exploited......the voice had such love,pain,power,I wish I had been there from the first to witness her mesmerizing magic.......I wasn't......a talent that left way too soon,
genius gone......how achingly sad for that gendre..... :music: :tulip:

Beautiful and touching as always homeagain. Thank you for your post. :heart:

25 Jul 2011 23:12 #28 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27
This is pretty sad.

[youtube:3m7emnue]
[/youtube:3m7emnue]

26 Jul 2011 08:42 - 26 Jul 2011 08:52 #29 by CC
and on balance...

[youtube:3ohyryv2]
[/youtube:3ohyryv2]

She was only 20 years old when this video was made.

26 Jul 2011 08:51 #30 by CC
At what point did so many become so disconnected from humanity so as to trash the loss of a talented young life?

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds