Park County rescuers search for missing hiker

12 Aug 2011 15:36 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Park County rescuers search for missing hiker was created by CinnamonGirl
Crews searching for hiker missing in Park County

The Park County Sheriff's office is searching for a 44-year-old Englewood hiker who has been missing since July 25 near Bison Peak.

Frank Stanley's blue Jeep was found at the Lost Park trail head, said Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener. The search began last night. There are four teams, including one canine unit.

Read more.... http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18668969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2011 18:58 #2 by Silent Lucidity
I wonder if they are using horses. The article didn't say. They could certainly cover a lot of ground that way. I hope they find him safe and sound. July 25th sounds like a long time ago though, too long.

12 Aug 2011 20:09 #3 by ShilohLady
Why no search until now?

12 Aug 2011 20:11 #4 by akilina
Wouldn't be surprised if the were using horses and atv's where possible. They have an excellent horsewoman who has been with PCSAR for many years besides others. Their canine will find him.

It is a long time, especially to now just be noticing that he is missing. But it has been warm enough. They didn't say if the hiker was experienced and used to being out in the woods for long periods of time.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Aug 2011 20:43 #5 by pacamom
Maybe his family reported him missing but didn't know where to look. It could be that someone finally noticed that a vehicle was parked for several days and reported that and then the link was made.

Several years ago, My brother reported his car stolen. It had been abandoned in the next county, but it took the sheriffs office 4 months or so to make the connection.

13 Aug 2011 10:45 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Park County rescuers search for missing hiker
Missing Englewood hiker teaches at DU school

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18668969

13 Aug 2011 21:29 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Park County rescuers search for missing hiker
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/08/13/d ... d-missing/

Denver Teacher Who Went Camping Reported Missing

I grew up in Colorado and you always need to let people know when you are going somewhere and when you are returning and leave a note in your car.

14 Aug 2011 07:00 #8 by CC
I have looked for additional stories to find out the outcome for this man......any new news on how things are going?

14 Aug 2011 13:46 #9 by Something the Dog Said

akilina wrote: Wouldn't be surprised if the were using horses and atv's where possible. They have an excellent horsewoman who has been with PCSAR for many years besides others. Their canine will find him.

It is a long time, especially to now just be noticing that he is missing. But it has been warm enough. They didn't say if the hiker was experienced and used to being out in the woods for long periods of time.

Lost Park is a wilderness area which prohibits motorized vehicles, plus for the most part, atvs would not be able to traverse many of the trails. I've extensively hiked it in the past, and it is quite beautiful but can be rugged in places.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

14 Aug 2011 14:38 #10 by akilina
your right if he went further up, but that is why i said atv's where possible as there are a number of roads back in there outside the lost park wilderness area. remember the lost couple last year (?) who started out in the lost park wilderness but ended up hiking out to the store in jefferson.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds