Cold clean mornings

15 Aug 2011 06:29 #1 by CC
Cold clean mornings was created by CC
I still just can't get used to walking out on the deck in the morning and smelling the cold clean air. I can smell the pines. the musty smell of the aspens. Roosters crowing instead of sirens. I love being back home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2011 06:48 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Cold clean mornings
LOL That makes two of us Becky. I can't say I miss the high humidity and daily temperature in excess of 110 degrees. THis is what Saudi was like for the entire time I was there.

15 Aug 2011 06:52 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Cold clean mornings
TOTALLY understand......was in Conyers,Georgia for not quite three years.That very first spring/summer early morning,I threw open the windows to receive the crisp,cool air.......inhaled deeply and was extremely surprised to be hit with humid,oppressive,stagnate air. I never could get use to the feeling of breathing,walking thru half-congealed jello....it was thick,heavy and icky. When we FINALLY moved back to Colorado, I vividly remember crossing over the Kansas line,into the prairie of Colorado and having the overwhelming feeling that I NEEDED to get out of the truck and knell down to kiss terra firma of Colorado......we drove straight up to the mountain
and pulled into our driveway at MID in Bailey and I was just elated and oh so joyous to be home. Thus my Nic.....Homeagain. :love2:

15 Aug 2011 07:07 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Cold clean mornings
It's a good nic......We are birds of a feather. This morning, I just walked through the yard slowly and took it all in. I have been home for over a month and I still can't shake that feeling of gratitude for Colorado.

15 Aug 2011 07:12 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Cold clean mornings
Every time I have left Colorado on business, whether it was for weeks or months, I have felt the same on returning.

I love Colorado!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Aug 2011 07:27 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Cold clean mornings
I remember the several transitions I had from Texas to Colorado and noticing the same thing.

In Texas, you go to bed and it's hot and you wake up and it's hot.

15 Aug 2011 07:55 #7 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Cold clean mornings

jf1acai wrote: Every time I have left Colorado on business, whether it was for weeks or months, I have felt the same on returning.

I love Colorado!

:yeahthat: I've told people there isn't a crowbar big enough to pry me out of the mountains.

15 Aug 2011 08:02 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Cold clean mornings
I like being able to leave a cheetos bag open and not find them all soggy the next day. (it's the little things)

15 Aug 2011 09:07 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Cold clean mornings

WayneH wrote: I like being able to leave a cheetos bag open and not find them all soggy the next day. (it's the little things)

You have some left for the next day??? :faint:

lol

15 Aug 2011 09:25 #10 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Cold clean mornings
I need 50 degree nights for just a little while longer. Please?

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds