Is this hurricane about to hit New York?

29 Aug 2011 08:14 #131 by Wayne Harrison
I use the "View New Posts" link so I never really notice which section post is in, since they're all lined up on that link.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2011 09:06 #132 by LOL

CinnamonGirl wrote:
You must have been posting on that 'other' hurricane thread. I believe this is the first time we actually have had a thread competition.

And what a competition it has been CG, your thread here has been a smashing success and incredibly informative and well written and documented!!!!! Whooooohooooo!

AWESOME!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Aug 2011 09:07 #133 by LOL

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Aug 2011 09:26 #134 by Wayne Harrison
Just as I predicted, the New York subway is back on schedule for the morning commute:

The New York City subway, whose closing in the lead-up to Tropical Storm Irene was perhaps the most unsettling element of a prodigious storm preparation effort, was back to its usual robust self on Monday morning, with most trains running on a nearly normal schedule.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/nyreg ... mmute.html

29 Aug 2011 09:29 #135 by jf1acai

As Hurricane Irene moved over the boarder into Canada, after having unleashed its mighty torrent on the Atlantic coast over a dozen states, flooding became its dominant issue as forecasters predicted. Torrential rains in more than a half a dozen states are expected to bring upwards of a million home insurance claims.

But many homeowners are expected to soon learn that flooding damage left in the storm’s wake won't be covered by their standard insurance policies. More than 25 persons were left dead and another 4.5 million residents without power.

New Yorkers experienced flooding in their homes, but not as many as expected. In New Jersey hundreds of homes were inundated by floodwaters, and as far north as Vermont drenching rains poured into rivers that ran downstream to cause the worst flash flooding in decades.

Full Article

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Aug 2011 09:46 #136 by jf1acai
I think the transit authorities in the area deserve kudos for their handling of the situation, both proactive and reactive.

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Aug 2011 10:40 #137 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Is this hurricane about to hit New York?
Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. Only post when you have something to say ok? :blahblah:

Most of the postings here have been authored by CG..And i'm still beating her by 5 posts

15 pages, 141 posts to only 14 pages and 136 boring postings here..And i'm gonna delete this one in a second

and this thread is starting to flounder

29 Aug 2011 11:36 #138 by Wayne Harrison
Um, what about the page views between the two? That might indicate which was more popular with readers.

29 Aug 2011 11:38 #139 by LOL
We could have a poll and vote.

29 Aug 2011 12:01 #140 by Wayne Harrison
The number of page views ARE the vote. Obviously, people preferred THIS discussion.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds