Is this hurricane about to hit New York?

29 Aug 2011 12:05 #141 by LOL
Be careful, VL is now sitting on his thread hitting the re-load page button 300 times. LOL.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2011 12:08 #142 by jf1acai
Surely you aren't suggesting that VL would be willing to cheat?

rofllol :lol: :rofl

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Aug 2011 12:11 #143 by Rockdoc

jf1acai wrote: Surely you aren't suggesting that VL would be willing to cheat?

rofllol :lol: :rofl

Righttttt... It's a memory issue.... :lol: :lol:

29 Aug 2011 12:23 #144 by Rockdoc
Just got off the phone with my brother near Albany New York. No more than 6 inches of rain fell, he said it was steady rain and it did not create problems for them. The problem was the wind which took down lots of trees. He also noted that Vermont got hit very hard. There are over 4000 miles of road out, multiple storm-related deaths too.

29 Aug 2011 12:38 #145 by Wayne Harrison
Did you add an extra zero in there, Doc? Vermont has 4000 miles of road?

29 Aug 2011 12:44 #146 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Is this hurricane about to hit New York?
Vermont devastation widespread, 2 confirmed dead, 1 man missing

http://cmsimg.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=BT&Date=20110828&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=108280801&Ref=PH&Item=5&Maxw=640&Maxh=410&q=60

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/arti ... |FRONTPAGE

29 Aug 2011 12:49 #147 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Is this hurricane about to hit New York?
Cinnamon..I have a proposition for you in the Official Irene thread.

29 Aug 2011 13:06 #148 by jf1acai

Did you add an extra zero in there, Doc? Vermont has 4000 miles of road?

Vermont has 14,135 miles of roadway per http://www.aot.state.vt.us/planning/doc ... ctbook.pdf

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

29 Aug 2011 13:36 #149 by jf1acai

Many Vermont communities were left devastated by the storm.

Gov. Peter Shumlin says state and local officials are working as fast as they can to restore services.

"We're going to get this dug out. It's going to be a long dig. But Vermonters are tough, we're tenacious, we have good common sense. We deal with big storms a lot. This is bigger than we're used to. We don't usually get tropical storms up here. But we're going to get out of this one, too," said Shumlin, D-Vermont.

The governor says there is no estimate yet on the damage toll from the storm, but clearly the road and bridge destruction will be immense.

Major roads, like Routes 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 100 have entire sections closed by washouts. It's a similar story on many other state highways. This is what the state transportation agency map looks like. Each of the marked spots is either washed out or blocked by water or debris. And damage reports are still coming in.

Full Article

29 Aug 2011 13:52 #150 by archer
I was following the flooding in VT yesterday on one of the news stations there, I could hardly believe some of the pictures and videos of truly historic places and bridges under water. My kids spent the last week in VT at a family cottage, they chose to stay on rather than return to NYC.....they would probably have been better off returning to NYC early, like on Thursday or Friday. Today they are looking for ways to get out of the state and back home safely. Fortunately the cottage sits up high, they only had flooding in the back yard, and had to pull the dock and stairs to the lake out of the water to keep them from being washed away. But all around them are washed out roads and bridges, I hope to hear from them that they got home safely.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds