How many languages can you speak?

25 Jun 2010 14:18 #11 by Neytiri

Wayne Harrison wrote: oesday igpay atinlay ountcay?

Oh so scary that I understand Pig Latin! lol

Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2010 14:41 #12 by gees
english, russian (can understand when spoken to and can read well, but i sound like a 2 year old when responding), and hawaiian pidgin english from livin on da island.

25 Jun 2010 14:49 #13 by LopingAlong
Dithigou knithigow thithigis lithigang-withigitch?

25 Jun 2010 15:00 #14 by pound dog mom
It is a joke around my house... I barely speak English according to my scholarly, word-perfect, husband. We will not even get into my writing skills according to his set of standards. I wonder how I ever managed to get that Master degree :Whistle Can I vote for 1/2 of a language rofllol

25 Jun 2010 15:06 #15 by LadyJazzer
I speak English....And I still speak fluent "Texan"....

25 Jun 2010 15:12 #16 by RivendaleFarms

Wayne Harrison wrote: oesday igpay atinlay ountcay?

Itay ouldshay!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

25 Jun 2010 17:04 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How many languages can you speak?

pound dog mom wrote: It is a joke around my house... I barely speak English according to my scholarly, word-perfect, husband. We will not even get into my writing skills according to his set of standards. I wonder how I ever managed to get that Master degree :Whistle Can I vote for 1/2 of a language rofllol

Uh, I have more than one grammar nazi in my life.

And I do not know pig Latin. This is true. I never could pick it up.

25 Jun 2010 17:10 #18 by Rockdoc
German is my mother tongue, English my second language but I know it better now than German. I've learned enough Arabic to be civil and the same can be said for Spanish. Most of the Vietnamese I knew is now forgotten, but once was good enough to go anywhere and be understood. Do not remember much Portuguese as that was limited to ordering food. Basically, I try to pick up some of the language wherever I visit or have lived even if it is only to say good morning or thank you, etc.

25 Jun 2010 19:25 #19 by pepperfan451
I only know Latin and since it is a dead language it doesn't count. My oldest has had eight years of Spanish and one of Chinese. My daughter knows Latin and French and my ten year old speaks French. We do use Pig Latin in my house until the little ones catch on. My toddler speaks Dock Worker lol .

25 Jun 2010 23:01 #20 by LopingAlong
I always wanted to learn Latin. Had to take French instead and hated it. I can understand and read and write French some, but it's not my first love. Latin is so pretty to me, wish I knew it.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds