Where were you on 9/11?

29 Aug 2011 07:14 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Where were you on 9/11? was created by CinnamonGirl
LA Times has a new segment.

Where were you?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... .htmlstory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2011 07:56 - 29 Aug 2011 10:01 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Where were you on 9/11?
:VeryScared: We flew out of Boston that morning, right after one of the terrorist planes. Both our flights were to the West Coast, but ours was Frontier that stopped in Denver.
I didn't notice anything was going on, but my wife noticed that the sun kept moving on her page. The pilot was flying us in a big circle, not allowed to enter US airspace. They were concerned our flight had been hijacked too so air traffic wasn't telling our flight crew anything. Finally they let us land in Toronto. We did have a couple young Muslim men on the flight and they did act wierd, not drinking or eating, or talking to everyone else when they finally told us what was going on.
After we landed, they "interviewed" our flight crew for hours on the tarmac, but let all the passengers go. We didn't get our luggage, so we took a trip out of town to find a place to stay and buy new clothes etc.
The airport was closed for a few days but we would walk around it. Toronto was very nice to us "refugees" sending out free pizza and other food. The crew even let passengers share their lodgings if they couldn't afford to stay somewhere.
It was wierd when we finally got back to DIA, very dead, we were the only civvies in the terminal.
My poor dad, he was tracking our flight to Denver on the web and saw us go to 0 airspeed and 500 feet in Toronto so he thought we had crashed into a skyscraper. He was very happy to get the call from us.

Frying pan, fire? We had been originally scheduled to be in lower Manhattan that Tuesday morning. The wife thinks we were guided to cancel the end of our trip, I think we just got lucky.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Aug 2011 08:51 #3 by Wayne Harrison
I am really dreading the 10-year re-hash coming up.

It was the worst day in America that I've ever experienced -- and that includes the Kennedy assassination. I have no desire to re-live it again.

29 Aug 2011 09:43 - 29 Aug 2011 09:49 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where were you on 9/11?
I walked into my office at 7am... Good morning America was on showing the first building smoking, someone said "hey [my name here] we thought you were flying around New York and crashed into a building" Ha ha real funny...I sat down with everybody in the break room and the second plane hit the second building..People weren't paying too much attention then, and I said "another plane just hit the second building!" and someone said, "no that was a replay" and I remember saying "how the F could it be a replay?" Working at the airline we were able to hear the tranmissions from the EWR flight that eventually crashed in PA so we knew what was going on.

Honestly, and i'm not trolling now- I was excited about having the day off to play golf. I told managment i'm gone and she said "well your not getting paid!" I said "who cares see ya!" BTW- I got paid. I played 18 with friends at Arrowhead, then went to football practice in Evergreen.. about 70% of the boys showed up and the ones thast did'nt, did'nt play on saturday. No excuses. When I finally got home showered and ate me and lil precious sat down and watched Paula Zahn in CNN late into the night..

My kid at the time was really into war.. I think he was about 8 years old then..All he wanted for Christmas was paintball guns, grenades, mortars, camoflage clothing, and guns. He's spend his time building bunkers in the back yard and playing war games with his friends. We'd play one on one paintball and he'd win evertime. He had a ghillie suit and he was able to sneak up on me and blast me before I knew what hit me..Very skilled. My wife said she woke him up on 9/11 and said "we are at war!" She said he jumped outta bed, and was ready to go! ha ha He was ready and willing to fight..He was thrilled about the whole thing. She said she never saw him so excited

29 Aug 2011 09:45 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where were you on 9/11?

WayneH wrote: I am really dreading the 10-year re-hash coming up.

It was the worst day in America that I've ever experienced -- and that includes the Kennedy assassination. I have no desire to re-live it again.

Such a drama queen

29 Aug 2011 11:27 #6 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Where were you on 9/11?
At breakfast with a friend because it was my last day of work at that company. We heard it on the radio in the diner.

29 Aug 2011 11:43 #7 by Wayne Harrison

Vice Lord wrote:

WayneH wrote: I am really dreading the 10-year re-hash coming up.

Such a drama queen

I'm sure, as a sociopath, it DIDN'T bother you at all and you actually did go play golf.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

29 Aug 2011 12:29 #8 by I am Woman
Replied by I am Woman on topic Where were you on 9/11?
I really looked forward to reading this thread. I guess the most notable historical event to hit this country in our lifetime isn't important to some of you. Showing disrespect to someone like WayneH is uncalled for. I'll go look at the LA Times link. It can't be as disrepectful as this forum.

29 Aug 2011 13:10 #9 by Silent Lucidity
It happened while I was on vacation, so I was oblivious to the whole thing. I didn't turn on the TV. I didn't find out about it until I returned and walked into Aspen Park Drug and they were talking about. I was shocked, but didn't understand the full scope until I watched it.

29 Aug 2011 14:02 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Where were you on 9/11?
Wayne, I think everyone deals with 9/11 differently. Some feel connection in talking about where they were. We have a common bond in this. Just like when JFK was shot.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds