What do you look for in a date/mate/love?

19 Oct 2010 21:41 #31 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What do you look for in a date/mate/love?
You know a friend of mine said something to me and this stuck. He said that he just thinks that men need someone to be patient with them and get to know them. Same is true on the women side. You take it slow, get to know the real person and that takes time. Alot of time.

Looks don't go far when you spend alot of time with someone in marriage or long term. Another friend said to get a good friend you have to be a good friend. All my best loves were my best friends. I am a hold out for that. My best friends put up with me. Hence my signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2010 22:07 #32 by serenity
Watch out Royal - you'll get Sunshine Girl going again...it doesn't take much! :wink:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

20 Oct 2010 03:17 #33 by Rockdoc

serenity wrote: I agree - definitely add sense of humor...also must add FIDELITY and I'm not talking about a stereo system! :heart:

Good one. That evoked a good chuckle out of me. Certainly agree with you on the sense of humor. It leads to laughter and that is sooo good for the soul.

20 Oct 2010 05:38 #34 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What do you look for in a date/mate/love?

serenity wrote: Watch out Royal - you'll get Sunshine Girl going again...it doesn't take much! :wink:

:pop

20 Oct 2010 11:05 #35 by ComputerBreath
A sense of humor, integrity, and excellent communication skills are at the top of my list. But there has to be an attraction first.

20 Oct 2010 11:41 #36 by RY

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

serenity wrote: I agree - definitely add sense of humor...also must add FIDELITY and I'm not talking about a stereo system! :heart:

Good one. That evoked a good chuckle out of me. Certainly agree with you on the sense of humor. It leads to laughter and that is sooo good for the soul.

Yes I agree on the Fidelity!!!

20 Oct 2010 11:43 #37 by RY

CinnamonGirl wrote: You know a friend of mine said something to me and this stuck. He said that he just thinks that men need someone to be patient with them and get to know them. Same is true on the women side. You take it slow, get to know the real person and that takes time. Alot of time.

Looks don't go far when you spend alot of time with someone in marriage or long term. Another friend said to get a good friend you have to be a good friend. All my best loves were my best friends. I am a hold out for that. My best friends put up with me. Hence my signature.

all good points too CG.

20 Oct 2010 12:00 #38 by TPP
I voted other, because after 37 years, who could remember?

15 Nov 2010 19:26 #39 by 40coupe
Lionshead/Serenity....That quote came from the late Hollywood/TV star Richard Boone...(Paladin)

"A mute nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store."

25 Nov 2010 09:48 #40 by Nmysys
How about Honest and actually unattached?

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds