Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions!

18 Sep 2011 18:34 #11 by jf1acai
Per eyewitness report, 285 SB is restricted to one lane between C470 and Colorado 8 (Morrison). Unknown reason.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2011 12:19 #12 by ScienceChic
There's an oversized load truck that's stopped/broken down on I-70 west bound about a mile and a half before the Genessee exit. Traffic is getting thru on the far left lane only right now.

Edit to add: at 1:30 they were towing it up the hill at a snail's pace. Traffic was backed up about a mile behind. Should be cleared out by rush hour.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Oct 2011 06:28 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions!
I am still gathering info but I hear the chain law is in effect on 285. That is a somewhat rare event from what I heard. Stay safe.

26 Oct 2011 06:32 #14 by chocolove
Yes both sides of the highway but for commercial vehicles only. My rule is not to drive 285 when chains are required...I don't want to battle the trucks!

26 Oct 2011 06:52 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions!
Chain law is usually for commercial vehicles. Sorry I should have made that clear.

26 Oct 2011 07:42 #16 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

Chains required for CO 9 Hoosier Pass both directions all commercial vehicles, buses, and vans with 16+ capacity.

US 285 Conifer to SH 470: All commercial vehicles, vans and buses with a 16 + capacity

Chains required for US 285 both directions Kenosha Pass MM 199 - MM 208 for all commercial vehicles, buses, and vans with 16+ capacity.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

26 Oct 2011 08:58 #17 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

Hwy 9 closed just north of Alma on Hoosier Pass due to a disabled semi.

26 Oct 2011 09:23 #18 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

Hwy 9 now open north of Alma over Hoosier Pass.

26 Oct 2011 10:25 #19 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

Chain restriction lifted US 285 Turkey Creek Canyon MM235-250.

26 Oct 2011 13:25 #20 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

Westbound I-70 closed at Evergreen Pkwy due to an accident.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds