Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions!

08 Jan 2012 07:41 #111 by CC

2milehigh wrote: Why cant this be a new thread each storm?

All information in this thread will contain information about general road closures, accident alerts and chain laws. Specific information about accidents can be found here.....

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=48 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=48<!-- l -->

Those incidents do get their own thread unless we have several incidents in one location. Those situation are combined in an effort to keep the board running efficiently.
Perhaps we could add this information to our scanner thread above.
Would that be a better way to get info?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2012 12:49 #112 by Mtn Gramma

Science Chic wrote: Ahh, I understand now! Well, see, the Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions is actually like a "Super Sticky" (which is only a thread that is kept at the top of whichever forum it is located within, regardless of activity - ie, it doesn't need to be posted in to be bumped to the top) - it's only a thread, not a forum in which we can start multiple threads within it. We started it to have a quick and handy reference to the most used webcams on the first page (Conifer Marketplace, high school, highways) & variable message signs on 285 & C-470, and also for our members ourselves to have a common place in which to post what they themselves experienced while driving (which would then show up on the most recent page(s)) since we have the individual incidents that are official from the scanners in their forum. Did I explain that well enough? My apologies, I'm overly tired at the moment and not thinking too clearly. Basically, we can't start a new thread within a thread, but let us think over how we might be able to more effectively organize the information that comes in during an event. Thanks for spelling it out better for us to finally get it!

I get it now. When I saw the "new topic" button I assumed it meant in the Traffic, etc., header, not in the Campfire. It makes sense now. Thanks.

11 Jan 2012 06:21 #113 by jf1acai
Per CDOT:

CHAIN LAW70 I-70 Eastbound Idaho Springs-Genesee (Milemarker 241-250)Restriction began January 11th, 2012 at 5:27am.
Updated : January 11th, 2012 at 5:45 AM

CHAIN LAW70 I-70 Westbound Golden - Floyd Hill (Milemarker 259-244)Restriction began January 11th, 2012 at 5:29am.
Updated : January 11th, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jan 2012 07:33 #114 by ScienceChic
We've got some reports on road conditions from our members here and accidents coming in from our scanners . If there's anything you think worth sharing with fellow 285Bounders and guests, please post here and/or on our Facebook page .

Thank you and please drive safe!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jan 2012 08:32 #115 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

11 Jan 2012 08:48 #116 by jf1acai
Per eyewitness report, 285 is snow packed from Shaffers Crossing to Conifer.

11 Jan 2012 08:57 #117 by jf1acai
Per eyewitness report, Highway 73 is snow packed.

11 Jan 2012 09:14 #118 by jf1acai
Per eyewitness report, Highway 74 and Bergen Parkway are snow packed and icy.

11 Jan 2012 09:31 #119 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions!
Jeffco is on Accident Alert. You may report accidents through this site if it meets these requirements.

https://crash.state.co.us/

This report should also be used when "Accident Alert" was in effect at the time the accident occurred. "Accident Alert" is defined as those times when weather conditions are so severe that State Troopers and Police Officers are unable to respond to the large volume of motor vehicle crashes. Accident Alert is initiated on a jurisdictional and geographical basis, in other words some cities may be on accident alert whereas others may not depending on how the weather conditions are affecting each jurisdiction. To find out if the location of your accident was on "Accident Alert" at the time of your accident, contact the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over the location of your accident.

To file a report using the State of Colorado Online Accident Report, the accident must meet each of the following criteria:
· No fatality or injury requiring medical attention was sustained by any person(s) involved in the accident, and;
· The accident is not an alleged hit and run or it is an alleged hit and run, and there is no information on the other driver involved in the accident, and;
· The accident does not involve damage to any public property other than wildlife, and:
· No drivers involved in the accident are suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or have insurance or driver's license violations.

If the accident does not meet ALL of these above criteria, do not complete this report, click the "Cancel" button, below, and contact the law enforcement agency in whose jurisdiction the accident occurred for additional reporting instructions.

11 Jan 2012 10:29 #120 by CinnamonGirl

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds