100 things you don't know about living in the mountains...

02 Jul 2010 05:31 #31 by TPP
FYI, the pardade started yesterday.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jul 2010 15:28 #32 by netdude
Warning, when you see the words "snow" and "up-slope" in the same sentence..... stock up on the beer (oh and food too)!

02 Jul 2010 15:53 #33 by homeagain
There is NO middle road when it come to mountain living. The FIRST 12 or18 months will either allow you to follow in love with this
way of life and you could NOT imagine living any other way OR you will want to get the hell down the mountain as soon as humanly
possible,slapping your forehead "what the he-- was I ever thinking!" :bash :bash :bash

03 Jul 2010 21:54 #34 by Abner

Warning, when you see the words "snow" and "up-slope" in the same sentence..... stock up on the beer (oh and food too)!

:frienddrink:

Spot on gov'

After an Upslope, beer runs out. But food...there is always something in the back of the pantry you haven't seen in years thats still edible.
(SPAM Spread comes to mind: http://www.spam.com/products/spamspread.aspx )

OH, and no matter how many acres you have, you'll still hear the local dogs barking :dog: .

03 Jul 2010 21:55 #35 by Local_Historian

Abner wrote:

:frienddrink:

Spot on gov'

After an Upslope, beer runs out. But food...there is always something in the back of the pantry you haven't seen in years thats still edible.
(SPAM Spread comes to mind: http://www.spam.com/products/spamspread.aspx )

OH, and no matter how many acres you have, you'll still hear the local dogs barking :dog: .

Or the local peacock.

04 Jul 2010 07:07 #36 by 2wlady
If you leave all the windows open in your house at night in early June, you'll freeze your tush off when you get up in the morning.

04 Jul 2010 07:21 #37 by JMC
You are a lot more popular with your flat-lander friends in the summer and fall than in the winter and spring.

26 Oct 2019 08:00 #38 by homeagain
JUST FOR GRINS.......terrific thoughts for the 'newbies'.......note the start date of the thread.B)

26 Oct 2019 08:09 #39 by homeagain
Once I had an ancient t-shirt that stated 'ALLERGIC TO CITIES''.....I wore it to shreds and it
became a rag at pine pollen season.

26 Oct 2019 08:35 #40 by homeagain
IF you see a deer crossing road, pay MORE attention...there are usually three or more in a group.
SO WAIT, a few more seconds.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds