The reason I rarely post in the Campground

04 Nov 2011 09:49 - 04 Nov 2011 11:57 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
The reason I rarely post in the Campground was created by UNDER MODERATION
Too many Stickey's...Plan and simple. I can stand permanet sticky posts that nobody reads, and nobody posts on. It disorienting and it waters down the board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2011 10:01 #2 by ScienceChic
lol Your opinion is duly noted. tongue:

Oh Great Wise One, how many do you think we should have, if a mere 3 :biggrin: is too many? And where should we post information that users would need/like to reference over and over again, and find quickly and easily, over the years if not as Stickies? If you were running this board, how would you organize it? I eagerly await your experience and age-old wisdom! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Nov 2011 10:36 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The reason I rarely post in the Campground
Oh thanks..You know really hot topics get lost when they aren't at the top..Thats the issue

04 Nov 2011 10:43 #4 by jf1acai
743 posts - 11% - rarely? :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Nov 2011 10:49 #5 by ScienceChic

Baby Fat wrote: Oh thanks..You know really hot topics get lost when they aren't at the top..Thats the issue

Really hot topics have lots of activity and get moved to the top with each post so if no one's posting on them, then they aren't really hot topics and the existence or non-existence of Stickies isn't going to have any bearing on them one way or the other. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Nov 2011 11:25 #6 by Wayne Harrison
He's an expert on local forums but he's never run one himself.

04 Nov 2011 11:27 #7 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic The reason I rarely post in the Campground
Mods, please sticky this thread.

04 Nov 2011 11:35 #8 by jf1acai

Mods, please sticky this thread.

rofllol :lol: :rofl

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Nov 2011 11:56 #9 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote:

Baby Fat wrote: Oh thanks..You know really hot topics get lost when they aren't at the top..Thats the issue

Really hot topics have lots of activity and get moved to the top

No, they stay at number 5, behind the 4 permanent sticky's..Which delutes their impact.

04 Nov 2011 11:58 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

Argyle wrote: Mods, please sticky this thread.

Yeah, and I thought we were gonna be friends.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds