285Bound Community Pot Luck Picnic 8/14/10 RSVP

14 Aug 2010 17:30 #121 by Wayne Harrison
Yeah, I had fun, too, meeting the people behind the nicks. Great party, Becky. Beautiful house and property. And thanks to Rivendale Farms for giving me a ride home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2010 17:34 #122 by JMC
Another HUGE thank you to Becky and her other half,lots of fun and great meeting so many people from the site. Next year we may have to take over a park.

14 Aug 2010 17:36 - 14 Aug 2010 19:23 #123 by Renaud

billy wrote: I wish there was a web cam for this event, so we could watch the conspiracy against the Park County government live :)

Thanks so much Becky, for facilitating today's social event. We all had a chance to meet each other without wearing our usual 285bound masks. As far as those who would not come. let them not eat cake.

What I enjoyed most was looking into the conspiracy between hot dogs/hamburger to tickle the palette of Park County voters. I am sure some of us welcomed the alternate challenge from salads and cakes. We discovered the Cool Whip and mustard cover up. Together, the group was so clever that the paper napkins concealing the lime marinated fruit salad was removed.

I could not stay until the end. Before I left, three of us radio hams gathered together to "chew the rag." There you have it, an instant Park County Communications Center at no cost. Hidden from the hot sun we hatched a plot to investigate several streaming media formats. When you distributed the tin foil for hat making, its reflective properties re-polarized our electromagnetic fields that been depolarizing since last Tuesday. The Democrats attending had too much food in their mouths to argue the case for impeaching Warren Harding over the Teapot Dome scandal. Does anyone remember who the "Fall" guy was.

According to my projections, my appetite will return by next week . I encourage you to plan a an other event for that time.

Our war cry should be “Remember, a chocolate cream pie is a terrible thing to waste!”

Praise the Lord and pass the ketchup. Heinz, Hunt's or W, they all work equally well for a cover-up.

14 Aug 2010 17:39 #124 by lnactive Member
Thanks again Becky for hosting, I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone.

14 Aug 2010 18:47 #125 by gmelton
Thanks for not sic ing the dogs on us late comers :)

14 Aug 2010 19:25 #126 by Nmysys
What a fantastic party you guys threw. Thank you so much for all of the food and the new friends. It was great figuring out who each of the people were behind the screennames. Loved it. Becky, you and your better half were fantastic hosts!!!

14 Aug 2010 19:51 #127 by pineinthegrass
Sorry I missed the picnic. Sounds like good times. Any photos coming?

14 Aug 2010 20:11 #128 by Wayne Harrison
Vice Lord missed it too.

It was the largest gathering of 285 corridor people on a website I've ever seen, easily outnumbering the yearly picnics of that other site. I'm not sure why, since we have far fewer members, but it was nice to see.

As for pictures, I saw a few people taking photos but mostly people mingled and chatted.

14 Aug 2010 20:27 #129 by pineinthegrass

Wayne Harrison wrote: Vice Lord missed it too.

It was the largest gathering of 285 corridor people on a website I've ever seen, easily outnumbering the yearly picnics of that other site. I'm not sure why, since we have far fewer members, but it was nice to see.

As for pictures, I saw a few people taking photos but mostly people mingled and chatted.

No Vice Lord? Shocker. Well, hopefully the supermodel daughter was there, was hoping to meet her... :wave:

14 Aug 2010 20:29 #130 by Grady
Thank you, thank you I had a great time, met a lot of new people, re-connected with some. Sorry I had to leave early. One of the really fun things was people would introduce themselves with their real name then follow up with "I'm so and so on 285Bound".

Kathi, that really is a pretty cool ride you have there.

I assume I'll see some you again at the VFW breakfast.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds