Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review

19 Apr 2012 20:24 #321 by CC
There is still a lot of information that we do not know yet. Personally.....I am going to wait till I have more information from all of the investigations that have yet to take place.

Becky - your question is a diversion IMHO. I of course have no idea and any other answer would be conjecture, of course. The issue is accountability and the confusion of info so far provided. Also I assume the DA will eventually have a position - the law enforcement people have a different role.....basically investigators providing info to the elected DA.......or other officers of the courts.

What possible motive would I have to divert anything by simply asking you a question.

I of course have no idea and any other answer would be conjecture, of course.

Exactly my point. Why would you use the same kind of conjecture to assess blame on anyone?

It is my understanding that law enforcements job is to investigate whether or not a crime has been committed and to submit that information to a District Attorney. I believe the Sheriffs report is the investigation that found no criminal wrong doing so therefore there was nothing to submit to a DA. Hence....the DA has nothing to review or say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2012 20:26 #322 by CC

mtntrekker wrote:

Becky wrote:

YIKES :VeryScared: that looks like a deck at the top of the mountain just waiting to burn.

Nah....Just a suspicious log.

19 Apr 2012 20:34 #323 by jf1acai

We just saw a mountain go up in flames due to negligence.

As far as I know, no negligence has been shown, although some has been conjectured, based upon very incomplete information.

I think we need to wait for more information before we start blaming qualified individuals for negligence.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

19 Apr 2012 20:41 #324 by deltamrey
Interesting position.......but the DA has the responsibility to review ths report and as the legal expert provide to his constituents his assessment. The press in all its forms are the "people's police " that have the responsibility to report to the people ALL sides. All parties involved should be open and forthcoming with all available information. The press is our salvation (ask the Germans). The voting booth is our last line of public judgment.

19 Apr 2012 20:49 #325 by CC

The press in all its forms are the "people's police " that have the responsibility to report to the people ALL sides

Did you really post that publicly? Are you serious?

The press is out to make a buck.
If you think for one minute that I am going to rely on the "press" for the "truth", then you are sadly misguided.

The voting booth is our last line of public judgment.

LOL....Not for me....I live in Park County.

(I am laughing so hard right now that my sides are hurting)

Actually....the truth is our salvation.

19 Apr 2012 21:22 #326 by deltamrey
Mission Statement

Office of the District Attorney
First Judicial District
Serving Jefferson and Gilpin Counties

It is the mission of the District Attorney’s Office in the First Judicial District to seek justice through the vigorous investigation and prosecution of those who violate the criminal law. The office will strive to accomplish this mission by prioritizing the needs and safety of the community as a whole while protecting and respecting the rights of individuals, especially the victims of crime.

19 Apr 2012 21:32 #327 by CC

deltamrey wrote: Mission Statement

Office of the District Attorney
First Judicial District
Serving Jefferson and Gilpin Counties

It is the mission of the District Attorney’s Office in the First Judicial District to seek justice through the vigorous investigation and prosecution of those who violate the criminal law. The office will strive to accomplish this mission by prioritizing the needs and safety of the community as a whole while protecting and respecting the rights of individuals, especially the victims of crime.

and your point?

19 Apr 2012 21:38 #328 by CC
Just for fun.....

19 Apr 2012 22:06 #329 by akilina
Thank you SC for the video and for the timeline!

Becky, CRS 18-1-501 criminal negligence, also in the courts referred to gross negligence.

jf1acai looks like the fire dept, Elk Creek at least is going to make it its mission to meet with the people for better mitigation. It should be interesting to see how they get people to participate. Kind of hard to work with neighbors who don't want to cut their trees or do other mitigation measures. But maybe some face to face and better understanding will get some people motivated.

NEGLIGENCE plain and simple. Don't have to wait for other reports. It is all spelled out in what is available. They said it at the town hall meeting. Evaluations weren't done on Sunday. They should have been there, they should have evaluated in view of changing conditions.

Come on jf1acai you can't be that naive to believe that they are going to find anything in any of their investigations. Look at the reports thus far. We did everything right, even though we didn't.

Didn't get to see any of the question or answer session so I really don't know if those impacted by the fire had any of their questions/needs addressed at the Town Hall Meeting. I feel for them. The Town Hall was all rosy and pats on the back for all the good things done and everything is fine. But it isn't for all the people impacted. More like a slap in the face.

I liked McLaughlin's presentation. He screwed up royally during the fire but he speaks well. Good to see that they have a plan in place and they would like to implement statewide, getting on the same page regarding Levels. But I get concerned that 3 levels will be confusing and that people will rely when they really shouldn't. His presentation just really said trust us, rely on us. There they are lulling everyone into believing everything will be ok because we have a fire dept. In fairness, he did say that there will be fires that move so fast, that they can't do anything.

The saddest part of this whole damn mess is that none of it had to happen. Due diligence by the CSFS which they had a duty to follow, could have avoided all of it. Yep, NEGLIGENT. They know it and the people impacted know it.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

19 Apr 2012 22:13 #330 by akilina

mtntrekker wrote: My take. They had notice when they had a rogue ember back in October. LOL Yep, akilina stupidity is not a defense. But prior notice and failing to take the appropriate action with notice of the high winds, etc. spells liability and negligence - gross. You really think they would have sent out the sacrificial lamb from the CSFS to say I am sorry if they didn't know they were culpable? All of what has transpired is an attempt to CYA (cover their A$$) and get the public to see them as the good guys, after all "we did everything humanly possible". No you didn't. You failed every which way.

That being said the wuss D.A. in the First Judicial District is all prosecutorial when it comes to crime victims by individual defendants. When it comes to a government entity, not a chance if he wants his job. And really you think he is going to take on the Sheriff's office too? Nope.

So it will end up civil with a claim of gross negligence because then the ceiling for damages can be raised and it will all settle out of court so that CSFS and Jeffco Sheriff won't have to admit to culpability. And then we will do this all again, with them saying "we did everything humanly possible".

Sad to say that is probably how it will all shake out.

And eventually insurance companies won't want to insure so you are pretty much on your own, assuming you can even get a loan. I sense big changes after a subdivision on the steep goes up in flames like Kings Valley, Conifer Mtn, etc.

Look at all those wood decks jutting out there just saying 'come get me'.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds