Looking for people to interview

16 Jul 2010 10:43 #31 by RivendaleFarms
If she's getting a penny a read, more power to her. If it gets more people interested in knitting, yay, because I'm known as a yarn pusher and tend to think the world should share my habit. If it sends some business my way, bonus! :biggrin:

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 11:00 #32 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Looking for people to interview
Well..I'll need compensation

16 Jul 2010 11:04 #33 by RenegadeCJ

Vice Lord wrote: Well..I'll need compensation

Why? Based on your lifestyle, it appears you are very well to do. Isn't it time to give a little back to the community. Just call it charity. Maybe your accountant will let you write if off!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

16 Jul 2010 11:07 #34 by Local_Historian
I write an article about Rivendale Farms, her Alpacas, the yarn she spins, the fiber she has - and mention that she sells these items here, here and here - and that brings her business she didn't have before, especially from Ravelry, a rather large knitting and crochet forum. She wins. And hopefully in a big way.

The articles themselves are a form of free advertising. Ask the museums I've written about, and how their upcoming events suddenly get fuller.

And highly personal? I already said no names or pictures of people unless they wished them - the skills are of interest, and honestly, there are other people up here who have chickens, goats, garden, knit and quilt - and that I would likely feel more comfortable talking to. Not like anyone is being forced to give up their "highly personal" goat breeding skills. So thanks for the offer, VL, but I'm going to pass.

Rivendale, you available some point next week? If it's mid week, do you mind a couple well behaved kids in tow? I think they'd love to see your anmals.

16 Jul 2010 11:09 - 16 Jul 2010 16:13 #35 by RivendaleFarms
Nope, VL, you want compensation. There's a difference.
And you're a goofball.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

16 Jul 2010 11:12 #36 by Local_Historian

TPP wrote:

Local_Historian wrote:

TPP wrote: I forgot about the racoon in the bucket of water, so now I can only use it's hide, (using it's brains) nasty business, want to help get all the hair off? It just comes right off. Easy.

HA! I've helped brain tan a buffalo hide before - nooooo.

Keep the fur on, make yourself a coonskin cap.

:Crying: Too Late.

So now what are you going to do with the hide? It's a small one, isn't it?

Tell you what, you can have my beaver hide - no charge. It's still in very good condition, has all the fur, but the hide is a bit stiff. If I start demonstrating hat making at fur trade events again, I'll pick up a new one - I have several friends who are fur traders.

If you're really nice, I'll let you see my mink hides. I got them for hat making, but haven't found a hat style I want to use them on yet. They're actually rather small - can you imagine how many it must take to make a full length coat?

16 Jul 2010 11:47 #37 by UNDER MODERATION

Local_Historian wrote: I write an article about Rivendale Farms, her Alpacas, the yarn she spins, the fiber she has - and mention that she sells these items here, here and here - and that brings her business she didn't have before, especially from Ravelry, a rather large knitting and crochet forum. She wins. And hopefully in a big way.

The articles themselves are a form of free advertising. Ask the museums I've written about, and how their upcoming events suddenly get fuller.

And highly personal? I already said no names or pictures of people unless they wished them - the skills are of interest, and honestly, there are other people up here who have chickens, goats, garden, knit and quilt - and that I would likely feel more comfortable talking to. Not like anyone is being forced to give up their "highly personal" goat breeding skills. So thanks for the offer, VL, but I'm going to pass.

Rivendale, you available some point next week? If it's mid week, do you mind a couple well behaved kids in tow? I think they'd love to see your anmals.

Spin it any way you want but you'll be making money off of someone elses experiences, and you're trying to get those for free.

16 Jul 2010 11:51 #38 by Local_Historian
Yes dear - have a cookie.

Perhaps you should dig up Clara Brown's body and have her corpse file a lawsuit as well. I'll even help you - I'll get you a list of all the historians who have written about her in books, newspapers, etc - though you'll have to dig a few of them up as well.

You make money off of other people's experiences, and misfortunes- so that's nice that you can try to play pot and kettle.

Don't get all butthurt because I'm not interested in interviewing you - I just don't trust you. I don't tend to go near people I don't trust.

16 Jul 2010 12:15 #39 by UNDER MODERATION

Local_Historian wrote: Yes dear - have a cookie.

Perhaps you should dig up Clara Brown's body and have her corpse file a lawsuit as well. I'll even help you - I'll get you a list of all the historians who have written about her in books, newspapers, etc - though you'll have to dig a few of them up as well.

You make money off of other people's experiences, and misfortunes- so that's nice that you can try to play pot and kettle.

Don't get all butthurt because I'm not interested in interviewing you - I just don't trust you. I don't tend to go near people I don't trust.

I'll spill my guts for .50 cent a read, and believe me, i'll be your top seller

16 Jul 2010 12:34 #40 by UNDER MODERATION
.45 of a cent then?

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds