Looking for people to interview

16 Jul 2010 13:19 #41 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Looking for people to interview
Hell, just read 285freetalk, except for a couple he deleted, sure we can find those somewhere....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 16:13 #42 by RivendaleFarms
LH, no problem on the kids in tow. (Alpacas tend to like kids, they're the right height.) I work down the hill during the week, so if it's during the week we'll have to do an evening, otherwise weekends are good too. Give me a call and we'll figure it out.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

16 Jul 2010 16:39 #43 by LopingAlong
Are you really serious, VL? Really? That surprises me. I see you as a person who likes to share information. You do it all the time so I guess I just figured you'd be happy to do this too.

LH, I've raised both goats and chickens and majored in Animal Science in college so I can help you if you need. But if VL can and will do it, I think that'd be better. It's been a few years since I've had chickens and much longer since I've had goats.

...Wait, VL, I thought Wifey banned you from here? I better go see that other thread and see what happened!

16 Jul 2010 16:53 #44 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Looking for people to interview

LopingAlong wrote: Are you really serious, VL? Really? That surprises me. I see you as a person who likes to share information. You do it all the time so I guess I just figured you'd be happy to do this too.

LH, I've raised both goats and chickens and majored in Animal Science in college so I can help you if you need. But if VL can and will do it, I think that'd be better. It's been a few years since I've had chickens and much longer since I've had goats.

...Wait, VL, I thought Wifey banned you from here? I better go see that other thread and see what happened!

Just tying up loose ends here

LH, give me $25 and i'll give you a half hour. One time payment. We got 14 eggs a day from 12 chickens- Try to figure out how we pulled that off

16 Jul 2010 19:51 #45 by Local_Historian
14 eggs a day is not unusual - they got that at the museum a lot. The record, last time I heard, was 19 eggs from 7 chickens. My understanding that calm, happy chickens give more eggs and have multiple layings. So you're doing something right. Or you don't have many foxes near your house. I'm afraid any chickens I may get in the future might be a bit nervous, since we have foxes out here regularly crying their territorial challenge.

Rivendale - How about we plan the following weekend then? I'm in a week on, week off schedule. next week is my week on. And there will be no children with me - their parents get to keep them on weekends. I'll give you a call.

Someone else has given me a contact for goat farm in Buena Vista - goat care and cheese making, so I have that covered.

I've got some leads on some people to talk to about local chicken raising.

Loping - I hope to tap you for horse care info. It's been a long time since I've had to care for a horse, so adequate feed, etc is long gone from my head.

VL - only thing I'm going to give you is the courtesy of agreeing with you on here when you're talking sense, as I did earlier. Otherwise, as I said before - I'm not going to take food out of my family's mouth for info I can get elsewhere, or write up from my own experiences and skill sets. I'd just rather include other people, forward their skills.

16 Jul 2010 21:26 #46 by LopingAlong
LH, I'm here for the horse care and training or whatever you need. :)

17 Jul 2010 09:42 #47 by 40coupe
Within the scope of 'Woodcutters', LH, I wonder if there are any small-scale lumber mills operating in Park or Jefferson Counties these days? Reason I ask is that I have three or four 2X4's that came from just such a small-scale lumber mill that operated near Pine,CO back in the early 1950's. These measure an actual 2" thick by 4" wide. Not looking to get more, just wondering if anyone does that kind of work anymore.

17 Jul 2010 11:49 #48 by Sunshine Girl
Don't forget about Franz LH. His woodworking talents are amazing! Besides, he won't charge you anything (LOL VL) and instead we can have you and your hubby over for lunch or dinner and then an interview. You might even want to take some pics of his cool workshop.

Hey!!!! I just had a great idea (I think it's a great idea at least) haha - we could have a small get together of everyone you want to interview (I'm dying to meet them too) at our house. You could be a little social butterfly and go around (maybe in private in one of ours offices) and interview people. Also, if the want a pic they could bring a couple for you to choose from. Any excuse for a little party I always say. Yummies will be provided!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

17 Jul 2010 12:44 #49 by Local_Historian
40coupe- nope, not heard of any, but I'll keep an eye and ear out in my wanderings for you. @x4s that are actually 2x4 - who'd have ever thunk it?

SG - I thank you for the offer, but some of it has to be a "as seen in action"- I don't think Franz would like alpaca, horses, goats and chickens wandering his house.

And don't worry, I haven't forgotten him- I'm just trying to organize between all my balls in the air, so to speak. I just got appointed PR and advertising for Costume Con 31 as well, so I'm working on aspects of that as well. Luckily, that's not happening til 2013, and I have til 2012 to actually have my act together, but some of it needs to be done NOW.

17 Jul 2010 12:58 #50 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Looking for people to interview
I'll take $10

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds