Election Results for Elk Creek Fire Dept Board of Directors

08 May 2012 21:06 #1 by MyMountainTown
Grady Harn - 67 votes
Greg Branch - 117 votes
Alec Schwartz - 141 votes

Thank you to everyone who voted, and our congratulations to Mr. Branch and Mr. Schwartz, we look forward to seeing what you will do to help our fire department continue to improve and succeed.

Our condolences to Mr. Harn, we appreciate his interest in serving our community and will look for more from him in the future!

Board of Directors meetings are open to the public and are usually held on the 2nd Thursdays of the month at 6pm. This month's meeting, however, will be held on Tuesday May 15th instead. We encourage everyone to attend and get involved!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2012 22:06 #2 by akilina
Thanks for the results.

We tried Grady. Wish it would have been more.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

08 May 2012 22:47 #3 by bassolegato
Regardless of the winners and losers, it's too bad that only 325 people chose to vote today.

What better way to show your support for the firefighters and medics than to help set the direction of the district by voting?

09 May 2012 04:22 #4 by Mr Morningwood
As expected, one can't expect a smear campaign on the internet to win them an election in a small town.

09 May 2012 07:14 #5 by Grady
Actually the total ballots cast was 171.

Regardless….
Congratulations to Greg and Alec. I want to say a big thank you, to everyone who did vote for and supported my candidacy.

Thank You !!!!!

09 May 2012 07:19 #6 by CC

Mr Morningwood wrote: As expected, one can't expect a smear campaign on the internet to win them an election in a small town.

What smear campaign?

09 May 2012 09:37 #7 by Mr Morningwood

Becky wrote:

Mr Morningwood wrote: As expected, one can't expect a smear campaign on the internet to win them an election in a small town.

What smear campaign?

The statements by Grady & his wife concerning the current board.

I realize you like people who stir the pot with any agency/government entity and wouldn't recognize this as a smear campaign.

09 May 2012 10:30 #8 by Grady

Mr Morningwood wrote:

Becky wrote:

What smear campaign?

The statements by Grady & his wife concerning the current board.

I realize you like people who stir the pot with any agency/government entity and wouldn't recognize this as a smear campaign.

What did I say that was untrue? The current members were supported by the union, would the union support any candidate that was not pro-union. Were not the current members both appointed to the board before this last election?

There was a smear campaign, and it worked. Things were said about me that were outright lies. For example it was said I wanted to fire everyone and return Elk Creek to an all volunteer department, a lie. Or that I wanted to fire the paid fire crews, another lie. Here is one more that I hated the “tiny” union, another lie.

09 May 2012 11:45 #9 by CC
Is your reading comprehension ok "Bill"?

Grady....don't bother feeding this troll. He isn't interested in facts or truth......his MO is just to be contrary......this board has had it's fill of it.

09 May 2012 12:01 #10 by jf1acai
The only smears I saw were from the winning side.

Sad that the outcome was decided by so few. Whether this was as planned, or the result of general apathy we'll never know.

Best wishes to ECFD.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds