High Park Fire

10 Jun 2012 08:21 #1 by HappyCamper
High Park Fire was created by HappyCamper
Here's praying that the winds hold off so that the tankers can do their magic.

Praying fo the families up there this mountain community knows how horrible all this is.

Thank you fire fighters!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2012 08:36 #2 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic High Park Fire
High Park Fire: 8,000 acres burning, more evacuations ordered

http://www.9news.com/news/article/27167 ... t-damaged-

Friends evac from Rist Canyon. Cell phones are jammed so haven't been able to stay in touch. They are ok and will stay with friends until they get notice to evac.

Prayers for all.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jun 2012 09:32 #3 by akilina
9 New Channel 20 has ongoing coverage of the fire

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jun 2012 09:46 #4 by akilina
High Park Fire press conference
http://www.9news.com/news/article/27167 ... conference

Not sure how much longer I will listen to HPF as we are here today to keep an eye out for smoke on the east side of Bailey.

10 Jun 2012 10:09 #5 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic High Park Fire

akilina wrote: High Park Fire press conference
http://www.9news.com/news/article/27167 ... conference

Not sure how much longer I will listen to HPF as we are here today to keep an eye out for smoke on the east side of Bailey.

Sad situation up there with HPF. We can only hope things will get better before this gets any worse. Its bad enough already.

10 Jun 2012 14:38 #6 by akilina
Are you inundated with smoke and wind? Just curious.

Hard to breathe outside with all the smoke and wind. Came in for a break.

More info in the High Park Fire
http://inciweb.org/incident/2904/

10 Jun 2012 16:44 #7 by RY
Replied by RY on topic High Park Fire
that all sounds very scary. I don't smell any smoke here though (ECH). I feel so sorry for the people up there. I was evacuated at the Snaking Fire and it was VERY frightening seeing the orange sky behind my house and then having to leave quickly and leave everything behind. Prayers for all!!

10 Jun 2012 16:45 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic High Park Fire
That fire is consuming acerage amazingly fast. Prayers sent for all the folks up there.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jun 2012 21:57 #9 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Now over 20,000 acres and evacuations are being recommended.....

10 Jun 2012 22:49 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic High Park Fire
Woman opens her own evac center center for fire refugees..

https://twitter.com/850KOA/status/21203 ... 05/photo/1

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds