High Park Fire

11 Jun 2012 16:16 #31 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic High Park Fire
akilina, thank you for your response to my question. I understand better now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2012 19:50 #32 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic High Park Fire
Listening to scanner. Now there is a good reason to volunteer for the fire department. They are keeping an eye out for fire near f.f. homes and some are now responding w/i the fire area to f.f. homes. They are there for structure protection so why not.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jun 2012 21:12 #33 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic High Park Fire
My condolences and prayers for the family and friends involved - http://www.larimer.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?id=1530

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Jun 2012 10:06 #34 by akilina
Prayers for the family.

I was listening to the scanner last night and it was unbelievable that f.f. had to take time to address an issue with an illegal burn. Not everyone is on the fire line so that they can respond to problems, but really have to wonder about anyone having a burn with 4 people standing around. what were they thinking?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Jun 2012 10:21 #35 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic High Park Fire
THINKING?? You're giving them toooo much credit akilina....

12 Jun 2012 11:47 #36 by akilina
lol You are right MamaRama. Not much thinking go on there.

I have been listening to the scanner for Larimer County while I wait my turn to head out and watch the east side of Bailey.

While I complain about some of the stuff I hear which is usually on their tact channel where the f.f. can be more informal I thought I would share a couples of good things I was hearing.

There seems to be some lack of coordination of efforts amongst various units in the area. So they discussed it on air, got in touch with their command to share and command being the wise person that he is, asked for them to give him some wording to put in writing to submit. Now how is that for recognizing a problem, address and airing concerns and then moving forward with a plan to be submitted asap. They are in the field and can see what is happening and have suggestions for resolution.

For the most part the f.f. keep their voices pretty neutral, even now when fire is travelling and they are getting the information out. Pretty scary to hear all the different travels of fire. I always like though that sometimes they will say or use their voice in a slower or lower pitch to convey a situation. There are 20 animals that haven't had water and need to be transported. It was good to hear how the f.f. relayed his concerns.

12 Jun 2012 13:10 #37 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic High Park Fire

akilina wrote: I have been listening to the scanner for Larimer County while I wait my turn to head out and watch the east side of Bailey.

Do you really need to mention your citizen fire watch so much? We get it. You are the self-appointed fire watch person for Bailey. You volunteer in South America. You take fire victims in. Congratulations.

Get over yourself.

12 Jun 2012 14:44 #38 by akilina

Raees wrote:

akilina wrote: I have been listening to the scanner for Larimer County while I wait my turn to head out and watch the east side of Bailey.

Do you really need to mention your citizen fire watch so much? We get it. You are the self-appointed fire watch person for Bailey. You volunteer in South America. You take fire victims in. Congratulations.

Get over yourself.

Wow guess you don't pay close enough attention for monitoring me so much Raees.

I am one of a group of volunteers who does an informal firewatch mostly on private property and the adjoining national forest. Not self-appointed.

I do volunteer in South America but I don't take in fire victims. You are confusing me with another on this website.

The reason I mention our watch is that if anything important would happen, besides contacting the appropriate authorities we would post on this website.

And if I talk ad nauseum about fire watch and associated topics, it is because I have been trained in firefighting techniques and have two sibling who are f.f. and work during the summer as Type 1 f.f.

If it bothers you so much please put me on ignore and then I won't bother you.

12 Jun 2012 17:29 #39 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic High Park Fire
RAEES GO TO HE-- and leave the good people who ARE actually doing something alone....!!!

12 Jun 2012 20:55 #40 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic High Park Fire
Whoa. Break out the Midol.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds