Local Fire Watch

18 Jun 2012 14:11 #1 by Merlin
Local Fire Watch was created by Merlin
Looking out from over Will O wisp i can see all the way to Pikes Peak then north along the Kenosha Range to Rosalie and i dont see any signs of fire other than Springer which is pluming up just south of Buffalo Peak from the other side of the mountain. Breeze is out of the south/south west about 6mph with some gusts.
It's hot out there.

Merlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2012 15:11 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Fire Watch
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the time you guys take to look out for us all.
Thx to akilina and all her folks who do the same.

18 Jun 2012 17:15 #3 by Merlin
Replied by Merlin on topic Local Fire Watch
You're welcome!
I also check for fire in the night at around 1:30am -3am due to odd sleeping hours and Parkco is in my area at that time patroling as well so there's eyes on the situation even at that time of the night.

Merlin

18 Jun 2012 19:29 #4 by Merlin
Replied by Merlin on topic Local Fire Watch
7:06 pm, no sign of fire from the Will O Wisp lookout.

Merlin

18 Jun 2012 19:42 #5 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Local Fire Watch
Thanks Merlin!

The more eyes keeping a lookout the better. With as dry as it is, if we can spot and get help, maybe, just maybe, it won't take off.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

18 Jun 2012 19:43 #6 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Local Fire Watch

Becky wrote: Thanks for the info. I appreciate the time you guys take to look out for us all.
Thx to akilina and all her folks who do the same.

Thanks Becky. We are all in this together. Thank you for what you do as well.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

18 Jun 2012 19:45 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Local Fire Watch

Merlin wrote: Looking out from over Will O wisp i can see all the way to Pikes Peak then north along the Kenosha Range to Rosalie and i dont see any signs of fire other than Springer which is pluming up just south of Buffalo Peak from the other side of the mountain. Breeze is out of the south/south west about 6mph with some gusts.
It's hot out there.

Just tell us when you do see it...Its like sayin "I don't see any murdereres outside today"

No need to alarm people...We got some real scardy cats up here in Bailey

18 Jun 2012 20:29 #8 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Fire Watch
(is wondering if whine has a new nic)

18 Jun 2012 20:51 #9 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Local Fire Watch

18 Jun 2012 20:54 #10 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic Local Fire Watch
Hello Merlin.
I appreciate your observation through a resource of wide views. One problem is what may actually happen if you post a suspected new fire you observe online during the time reported to 911 dispatch.
A personally directed forum "report" online can portray an inaccurate or "false alert", while it may also become an inhibitor to the suppression of such fire due to a public tendency to rush out on their own to look for and/or observe this potential forest fire.
The people "looking" for this fire can create road conditions to worsen for emergency crews to follow up on the report and evaluate the fire and potential hazards.
Also, remember that many people in the area have great views and they can be watching as well. It is nice to know that you are observing but I stress use of good judgement on how you plan to post a suspected fire.
I'd call it in first. You may be the first caller or the lines will be busy with reports on the same suspected fire.
If anybody sees smoke or fire they should call 911 whenever possible. Tell dispatch "I have a smoke and/or fire report" and that will make communication much easier for you and the dispatcher.
I want to end this note in good respect. Thank you Merlin for your watchful eye, we can all use extra eyes. I just wanted to touch up on the public interest edge of how easy something very manageable can turn to chaos when information is sent incorrectly.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds