Local Fire Watch

19 Jun 2012 16:35 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Local Fire Watch

Raees wrote: :yeahthat:

I was out with others doing my usual litter pickup along the highway when you posted this, but just to ease your mind, mountainsky, I don't see any fires from my house. Of course, the minute after I post this, just like Merlin's post, a fire could pop up and then my post would immediately be outdated. I think you are mixing posting there's no fire with posting when there IS a fire as one in the same.

I hate to say I agree with LL, but based on the fact that a post that says "I don't see a fire" is out of date the minute after it's posted, it would be better if people posted when they DO see smoke, IMHO. If we're going to start posting "I don't see any fire" then maybe we should start a dedicated discussion called "I don't see a fire" and everyone contribute a post every time they look out the window.

On the plus side, the elephant repellent I bought seems to be working. I haven't seen an elephant up here since I started spraying it around.

Ha haaa

Good one Reeas, and

I don't see any fires yet either!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2012 16:37 #32 by UNDER MODERATION

mountainsky wrote: Luckyluckhurst and Raees the posts of detail positive writing in helping the community; plainly states that the Springer Fire isn't moving north to the Pine Juncation area at time that it's stated in this thread.. This is of importance to many of us because time is very important in planning what might need to be done.
Park Co/Jeffco Sheriff, fire departments need to be called ASAP so they can be proactive and time is of importance for their decision making.

Hear we are again; people trying to help the mountain area residents and a few just don't want to care about the forest, wildlife, people, homes, livestock, pets, and our businesses.

Luckyluckhurst, Raees and anyone else that don't agree with this post; my suggestion would be for you ignore this thread, not post anymore negative and move on with your own agenda. Yes, you have a right to your opinion. However, you've expressed it and those of us that want Merlin's information have a right to heard it.

Everyone living in the mountain community and those visiting too need to have open eyes for potential and already burn fires.

The thread is not helping any body, at all...Thats our point.

BTW- I just looked outside...I don't see any tornadoes today

19 Jun 2012 16:39 #33 by UNDER MODERATION

Becky wrote: mountainsky....you just have to consider the source. The negative posts are by 2 of 285bounds biggest trolls. One of which though I kind of enjoy.
It does help many of us who have to drive away from our homes each day to know that all is quiet so I hope Merlin and others will continue to post the information in spite of those who might feel uncomfortable due to the efforts of those who think of others and not just themselves.
If there are members who don't find this info useful then move on but don't attempt to decide for others what is pertinent or interesting.
Thank you.....back to work.

Ok Becky..I do see your point there..

19 Jun 2012 16:41 #34 by UNDER MODERATION

Raees wrote:

mountainsky wrote: Luckyluckhurst and Raees the posts of detail positive writing in helping the community; plainly states that the Springer Fire isn't moving north to the Pine Juncation area at time that it's stated in this thread.

The fire is 35 miles away with the Hayman burn area in between. It has much chance of hitting Pine Junction as it does hitting Colorado Springs. Quit scaring people.

Excellent points Reeas...

19 Jun 2012 20:31 - 20 Jun 2012 06:15 #35 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Fire Watch
This forum doesn't belong to whine or VL or anyone in particular.
If people want to discuss something...let them. If your not interested....move the hell on.

19 Jun 2012 21:05 #36 by UNDER MODERATION

Becky wrote: This forum doesn't belong to whine or VL or anyone in particular.
If people want to discuss something...let them. If your not interested....move the hell on.

Another winner posted by Becky :hands:

19 Jun 2012 21:32 #37 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Local Fire Watch
I'm interested. How about you Lucky?

20 Jun 2012 01:09 - 20 Jun 2012 01:15 #38 by mountainsky
Replied by mountainsky on topic Local Fire Watch
More eyes are needed for fire watch and prayers

20 Jun 2012 01:09 #39 by mountainsky
Replied by mountainsky on topic Local Fire Watch
Three fires burning in Craig, Moffet County. Prompt evacuations. Go to channel 9 to get the story if your interested.

As some of you may know, the Springer fire 23% contained. People evacuated still haven't been allow back in their homes.
Read one evacuated couple loaded their pickup what they can; hoping they can go back home.

The High Park 55% containment in one news report.
However, High Park fire fighters are fight hard for the fire on one side not to jump the river. There's still more evacuation
happening.

More fires in New Mexico, California, Nevada and Idaho. The west in serious dry conditions and danger for more protential forest fires.

20 Jun 2012 06:18 #40 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Fire Watch
whine....it's sad when you become VL's side kick to bully members here.
You must feel so proud.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds