Local Fire Watch

19 Jun 2012 08:18 #21 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Local Fire Watch

mountainsky wrote: After reading this post; it started off with a person Merlin showing concern, caring for others. Then, a couple of people expressing thanks you for the effort and time; doing their part for the community, homeowners, pets, livestock and wildlife. All of us need to be caring, good stewards of the forest, wildlife, pets, our homes, and livestock.

THEN THE FINAL INSULT FROM luckyluckhurst, raees, alpinemike,mtngtramma,archer, and jflacai. Your negative writings have nothing to do with the purpose and thoughtfulness of others posting on issues of concern and expressing caring of others. This fire situation is serious, concerning, lost of life, homes, pets, livestock, and wildlife, also, alot of stress on all of us. Fire, Fire, Fire just like drowning, drowning, drowning is life threatening. All of us have the right to know what's coming, if coming that's going to or could cause problems like lost of life, our homes, families, pets, etc. (Be proactive)
Just to let luckyluckhurst and alpinemike know; people living in the mountains are smart enough to know how to react to potential fire warnings. The roads in the mountains only will be backup from Denver coming here on holidays. Anyone living in the mountains will obviously call 911 first to report the fire sighting. It's good to know that a few people on 285bound are willing to post and give a range of area where a approx. fire could be and it's up to us to be proactive and seek additional information thu the sheriff depts or other agencies in order for the rest of us to react to our best interest and a plan of handling the fire sitution.

Already, too many fires in Colorado and all residents and (non-residents/visitors needing advance information concerning Colorado's fire protential). Everyone! needs to be on the same page to protect all of interest. Colorado is one of the prettiest scenery, recreational states in the US. I hate to see Colorado all burn up!

Thank you Merlin for your efforts and showing concerning overall for the community. All of us, need to be caring and proactive just like you. Folks, ALL OF US NEED TO BE GOOD STEWARDS OF THE FOREST, WILDLIFE AND OTHERS.

Well said thank you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2012 08:27 #22 by Merlin
Replied by Merlin on topic Local Fire Watch
7:53 am, I dont see any signs of fire from the lookout over Will O Wisp.
There's light smoke over the area and a gentle breeze.

Merlin

19 Jun 2012 08:39 #23 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Local Fire Watch
Thanks Merlin. Let's hope it stays that way. Looks like wind has picked up in Fort Collins with spot fires and calling for air support. Let's hope it stays calm for the Springer fire.

Wind is picking up here.

Best thing to do if you suspect smoke or fire is to call 911 and report. If you have a longitude and latitude and can provide quickly, by all means, give it. Sometimes though dispatch is so inundated with calls that you may need to wait until the fire dept personnel get to you as the reporting party. Then they will take your long and lat and reconfirm by doing their own.

Since we often see smoke further away, it helps to know what fire district it is such as the Lower North Fork Fire District which would be Jeffco dispatch or Platte Canyon fire which would be Park County Dispatch. Because we are not in LNFF but see smoke in their district, dispatch usually takes our name and number and LNFF will call us back and get the details so that they don't have to send someone out of their district to reporting party. LNFF has always been very courteous and responsive. Can't say enough about them.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

19 Jun 2012 13:27 #24 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Local Fire Watch

mountainsky wrote: After reading this post; it started off with a person Merlin showing concern, caring for others. Then, a couple of people expressing thanks you for the effort and time; doing their part for the community, homeowners, pets, livestock and wildlife. All of us need to be caring, good stewards of the forest, wildlife, pets, our homes, and livestock.

THEN THE FINAL INSULT FROM luckyluckhurst, raees, alpinemike,mtngtramma,archer, and jflacai. Your negative writings have nothing to do with the purpose and thoughtfulness of others posting on issues of concern and expressing caring of others. This fire situation is serious, concerning, lost of life, homes, pets, livestock, and wildlife, also, alot of stress on all of us. Fire, Fire, Fire just like drowning, drowning, drowning is life threatening. All of us have the right to know what's coming, if coming that's going to or could cause problems like lost of life, our homes, families, pets, etc. (Be proactive)
Just to let luckyluckhurst and alpinemike know; people living in the mountains are smart enough to know how to react to potential fire warnings. The roads in the mountains only will be backup from Denver coming here on holidays. Anyone living in the mountains will obviously call 911 first to report the fire sighting. It's good to know that a few people on 285bound are willing to post and give a range of area where a approx. fire could be and it's up to us to be proactive and seek additional information thu the sheriff depts or other agencies in order for the rest of us to react to our best interest and a plan of handling the fire sitution.

Already, too many fires in Colorado and all residents and (non-residents/visitors needing advance information concerning Colorado's fire protential). Everyone! needs to be on the same page to protect all of interest. Colorado is one of the prettiest scenery, recreational states in the US. I hate to see Colorado all burn up!

Thank you Merlin for your efforts and showing concerning overall for the community. All of us, need to be caring and proactive just like you. Folks, ALL OF US NEED TO BE GOOD STEWARDS OF THE FOREST, WILDLIFE AND OTHERS.

Posting that: "There's no fire here" is ridiculous..I could post that everyday of the year.

I stand by my original comments here

Lucky Luckhurst wrote:
Just tell us when you do see it...Its like sayin "I don't see any murdereres outside today"

No need to alarm people...We got some real scardy cats up here in Bailey

19 Jun 2012 13:29 #25 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Local Fire Watch

Becky wrote: Just giving whine a little taste of his own medicine.....that's all.

Actually...Its very tasty Becky

19 Jun 2012 13:39 #26 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Local Fire Watch
:yeahthat:

I was out with others doing my usual litter pickup along the highway when you posted this, but just to ease your mind, mountainsky, I don't see any fires from my house. Of course, the minute after I post this, just like Merlin's post, a fire could pop up and then my post would immediately be outdated. I think you are mixing posting there's no fire with posting when there IS a fire as one in the same.

I hate to say I agree with LL, but based on the fact that a post that says "I don't see a fire" is out of date the minute after it's posted, it would be better if people posted when they DO see smoke, IMHO. If we're going to start posting "I don't see any fire" then maybe we should start a dedicated discussion called "I don't see a fire" and everyone contribute a post every time they look out the window.

On the plus side, the elephant repellent I bought seems to be working. I haven't seen an elephant up here since I started spraying it around.

19 Jun 2012 14:39 #27 by mountainsky
Replied by mountainsky on topic Local Fire Watch
Luckyluckhurst and Raees the posts of detail positive writing in helping the community; plainly states that the Springer Fire isn't moving north to the Pine Juncation area at time that it's stated in this thread.. This is of importance to many of us because time is very important in planning what might need to be done.
Park Co/Jeffco Sheriff, fire departments need to be called ASAP so they can be proactive and time is of importance for their decision making.

Hear we are again; people trying to help the mountain area residents and a few just don't want to care about the forest, wildlife, people, homes, livestock, pets, and our businesses.

Luckyluckhurst, Raees and anyone else that don't agree with this post; my suggestion would be for you ignore this thread, not post anymore negative and move on with your own agenda. Yes, you have a right to your opinion. However, you've expressed it and those of us that want Merlin's information have a right to heard it.

Everyone living in the mountain community and those visiting too need to have open eyes for potential and already burn fires.

19 Jun 2012 14:55 #28 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Fire Watch
mountainsky....you just have to consider the source. The negative posts are by 2 of 285bounds biggest trolls. One of which though I kind of enjoy.
It does help many of us who have to drive away from our homes each day to know that all is quiet so I hope Merlin and others will continue to post the information in spite of those who might feel uncomfortable due to the efforts of those who think of others and not just themselves.
If there are members who don't find this info useful then move on but don't attempt to decide for others what is pertinent or interesting.
Thank you.....back to work.

19 Jun 2012 16:00 #29 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Local Fire Watch

mountainsky wrote: Luckyluckhurst and Raees the posts of detail positive writing in helping the community; plainly states that the Springer Fire isn't moving north to the Pine Juncation area at time that it's stated in this thread.

The fire is 35 miles away with the Hayman burn area in between. It has much chance of hitting Pine Junction as it does hitting Colorado Springs. Quit scaring people.

19 Jun 2012 16:25 #30 by mountainsky
Replied by mountainsky on topic Local Fire Watch
There has been a few of us looking at a map of the area to Evergreen/Conifer and beyond. There's plenty of forest due north and north west (which is west of the hyman fire area); if the winds changes, hot weather and that fire could if not contained; if could be at our back door.

There was another fire started in Evergreen. Fortunately, proactive people with their eyes watching and concerning citizens managed to put it out before it got out of control. How the fire got started; no one knows right now.

There's alot of forest north and south of hwy 285, homes etc. Just food for thought.
According to the National Forest Service; 9 out of 10 people causes forest fires. Just another food for thought.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds