The Beer Drinkers Thread

24 Sep 2010 14:26 #41 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
Biggies latest blog post has some interesting info on some seasonal beers.
I think Brooks is going to do great after they get a few kinks worked out. Usual for new restaurants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2010 17:28 #42 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
New brew pub in Woodland park 'Bierworks' Nothing fancy, but some interesting European-orientated brews. A strong Scottish ale, BierWerks Helles and BierWerks Dunkel. Not much for food but prezels and appetizers. Nice stop on the way through town.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 Sep 2010 16:22 #43 by Biggie
Replied by Biggie on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
Thanks for the shout out, JMC! I just stumbled across this thread and I was going to post something...

http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=73

Our posts won't always be about beer (can't leave out wine & liquor!) but hopefully you beer lovers will find something of interest about a third of the time.

30 Sep 2010 10:15 #44 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
I still want somebody to tell me what pumpkin beer tastes like, just doesn't sound right

30 Sep 2010 11:37 #45 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
Think pumpkin pie without the whip cream.

Beer should never have fruits or spices in them (IMHO). I was working at the Great American Beer Festival and was pouring for Moon River brewing company out of Savannah Georgia. They had a beer that was basicaly a pale ale that after they dry hopped it they added rosemary. The beer won a gold medal but it's just is not a style that I like to drink.

30 Sep 2010 14:10 #46 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread

Ronbo wrote: Think pumpkin pie without the whip cream.

Beer should never have fruits or spices in them (IMHO). I was working at the Great American Beer Festival and was pouring for Moon River brewing company out of Savannah Georgia. They had a beer that was basicaly a pale ale that after they dry hopped it they added rosemary. The beer won a gold medal but it's just is not a style that I like to drink.

I agree Ronbo, spicy and especially fruity beers are not to my liking. I see on the home brewing sites a lot of talk about hot peppers in beer - NO NO and NO! Give me malts, hops and some more hops and I'm happy.

So how does one get an opportunity to work GABF?

30 Sep 2010 14:33 #47 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread
The GABF website has a place to submit your name to volunteer. Because I worked four sessions this year I received two free tickets to next years GABF. And as a volunteer I was allowed to sample beer.

05 Oct 2010 06:28 #48 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread

EddieWess wrote: Has anyone tried the new place in Conifer Town Center? Brooks Place Tavern (former Sushi Hai)?

I stopped in for a beer the other night and the place was packed. More germane to this thread: They have a pretty decent beer menu. They have one of my all time favorites on tap, Titan IPA, cold and fresh. They have four or five other beers on tap and a pretty extensive collection of bottled beers (and I'm not just talking about Bud/Miller/Coors junk either).

I highly reccomend Brooks Place, as a matter of fact we are going there tonight to try the burgers.

I tried it too, nice place and good selection of micros! The Guinness Chili was good too. The inside is set up nice, and so was the outside patio. Cheers!

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Oct 2010 08:30 #49 by LOL

17 Oct 2010 09:51 #50 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The Beer Drinkers Thread

Joe wrote: Worlds strongest beers. Yikes!

http://www.gizmag.com/worlds-strongest-beers/15256/

Cool, I don't know if you can get any of those at biggies but you can get
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-he ... ipa/22904/

$9.99 a bottle or $55 a 6/pak...3 is all you need onj a Football Sunday..I've bought a few bottles of Utopia and its like a bourbon or something..Its just not a beer anymore

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds