Competition makes everyone better

25 May 2010 23:33 #11 by The Viking

WayneHarrison wrote: Thanks, everyone. BTW, I updated our Facebook page with an enhanced "Weather" tab at the top. I also added a little time and temp widget on the front page on the left, below our friends. (Gotta stay competitive, you know).

Couldn't it be just a coincidence that, after the 285Bound Facebook page went up that PC's Facebook went up.... just days after they explained how they were still deciding whether to do it or not? OK, probably not.

It's interesting to for me to see how many ex-PCers are here, for one reason or another.

The Pinecam board member who posts "Good morning 'cammers, wherever you are!" every morning may now realize that the "wherever you are" part was quite prophetic, as many of them are here.

For me, it's like the good old days. I thank the people here for making me feel useful again.

You are appreciated here and on the Facebook page more than you know. :thumbsup:

It will be iinteresting to see how many more of your ideas they try and steal for FB.

And as far as posters go. I just looked and there are about 8 regular posters the last 2 days in the study now. It is like they are arguing with themselves. rofllol There are a few who I don't think know about us yet who might come and join if they knew. But I can't get on to ask them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 23:40 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Competition makes everyone better
Wayne, thank you for the Facebook page. It is great. I don't want to focus too much on other sites, but didn't the FB thread get locked on the issue? So, I thought it was closed to discussion. Was a bit surprised but happy to see that a fire has been lit and that is good for everyone like the subject line says.

25 May 2010 23:55 #13 by Wayne Harrison
Yeah CinnamonGirl, they locked it, so naturally I was shocked to see them move so quickly after they gave all indications it was going to be awhile because they were still discussing the pros and cons.

The Viking wrote: I am sorry but I can't be as nice. I think it is pathetic!! They caused Wayne and others so many headaches by complaining to Facebook, and have had pages and pages of arguments about why they don't need one with one mod or Bod, even saying they would rather eat glass than have a Facebook page.

Actually it was Board member and she said, "personally, I would rather chew live worms & glass than join FB." I guess that's worse than just chewing glass.

My older daughter didn't have a FB page until last fall, and signed up at my coaxing. She said she didn't understand why people liked FB so much. Now, she has hooked up with old school mates, posts family pictures and videos every day or so and told me, "I knew I was hooked when my husband asked me when dinner was going to be ready and I told him, 'As soon as I check my crops.'" (She's really into Farmville).

People on Facebook are very loyal to it and companies are responding with some great company Facebook pages and content. The nice thing about FB is you can get it on your phone with a FB app, too. When I have free time and I'm away from a computer, I log on through my phone to see what's going on.

25 May 2010 23:59 #14 by CinnamonGirl
My brother sends pics from his phone all day. He takes pictures on the highway and all over. Actually, it sort of freaks me out how fast I see his life. He was at my house on easter. Took a picture of me and had it up before he left. I didn't even know for a few hours. I was on FB and didn't even know it. He does that again and I will defriend him. (is that a word?)

26 May 2010 00:45 #15 by Wayne Harrison
"Unfriend' is what it's called.

And that brings me to the funniest Southpark episode ever;

'You have 0 friends..."

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/267112/

26 May 2010 00:46 #16 by CinnamonGirl
LOL. That was hysterical.

26 May 2010 02:39 - 26 May 2010 11:40 #17 by Rockdoc

The Viking wrote: I am sorry but I can't be as nice. I think it is pathetic!! They caused Wayne and others so many headaches by complaining to Facebook, and have had pages and pages of arguments about why they don't need one with one mod or Bod, even saying they would rather eat glass than have a Facebook page. All of that just because they weren't getting the glory for it and because comeone else thought it up. They are the most egotistical, arrogant, self centered, selfish people I have met in a long time and it is sad we have people like that up here!

So now after that being one of the biggest issues that showed most posters there true colors and really put the icing on the cake as to how controling they are and a main issue that ticked people off enough to leave, they decide now it is OK for them to do it. It is so sad! They are like the unpopular girl in school who decides to cut and die her hair and dress just like the popular cheerleader. They will always be just followers in my opinion. Wayne was the leader and now they are following him and the people who created this site again!

I wonder if they have any original ideas in their collective heads over there?

lol It is a good thing you don't have an opinion on this issue. lol You crack me up with your generalizations. I bet we can find some good and visionalry people on PC. It's only a matter of those people beign given a chance. ... Well, maybe most of them are over here now?

I agree iwth Sunshine that imitation is a huge compliment. You need to acknowledge that someone finally recognized the importance or benefit of such a page.

And competion is good. It will keep everyone on their toes. I for one will strive to make our site better than theirs in one way or another lol I think this will be fun.

26 May 2010 06:40 #18 by Wayne Harrison
In the end, it's the customer that benefits from competition. People along the corridor now have a choice in websites and a choice in the style and thinking of how members should be treated. People are no longer stuck with the attitude of, "Don't like it here? Go somewhere else." now they can chose a place that says, "Did you find something you didn't like here? Let's see if we can fix it so everybody will have a better experience."

I like that. I hope you do, too.

26 May 2010 06:46 #19 by homeagain
:peace: Competition IS good. From my POV, one can always change IF you are motivated to do so. I believe in graciousness and
understanding and NOW that there has been an epiphany,can't you(collectively) ALLOW the change to take place and good things
to FLOW forward for the mountain community. I see it as a win/win situation,much like someone posted previously........Conifer/Aspen
Park/Bailey.....we are ALL the mountain,(just a little different in presentation). :biggrin:

26 May 2010 06:56 #20 by CC
Well said neighbor.
Time to just move forward and let both places hopefully grow and benefit the community.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds