Competition makes everyone better

26 May 2010 08:36 #31 by Rockdoc
You make some excellent point Sunshine girl. Well said.

And JMC, would it not be cool to have sister sites with quick links to them? If you provide what the customer wants and needs, the business will thrive. We see this site as a prime example.

Vision takes leadership. It also requires focus and single minded focus if the vision needs to be rammed home. Mostly, a successful community requires good listening skills and a desire to do thing right. It's like everything in life. There are lots of players and from that field emerge the most proficient. They become the winners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 08:38 #32 by JMC
Rocdoc, Quick links to any sister site in the country is what we envisioned.

26 May 2010 08:42 #33 by CC
I am wondering if we should not open up our invites to all our friends and family on Facebook and ultimately here.
That way, people from all over the country can see how this work and contact 285bound admins for a step by step on how to do it.
They could do a section of forums on the topic. Am I moving to fast here ? LOL

26 May 2010 08:47 #34 by JMC
No Becky your not jumping the gun. We are not ready to go all out but just talking to prospects will help us refine the model

26 May 2010 10:16 #35 by Local_Historian
I accidentally posted another thread before seeing this one, but I'm with Viking here- hypocritical much?

I'm using Pinecam as a tool these days - especially to get rid of that houseload of stuff, but I don't abide two faced behavior. Say one thing and then do another - not cool.

I hope that person enjoys eating glass.

26 May 2010 10:17 #36 by Residenttroll returns

WayneHarrison wrote: Great things rise out of the ashes.

This website was started after suggestions for change at the other website were rejected. One of the suggestions was an amnesty for all banned and suspended posters. Another was to drop the requirement that people have to register to see links. Another was a software upgrade from the 2004 version of the forum software to the 2010 version. Another was a change in leadership to allow more board members and replace the remaining ones that I appointed five years ago so that site would get some new blood. It was suggested they work more on pleasing the customer than having a "My way or the highway" mentality with members. The Facebook suggestion was met with "we are still looking at how it would benefit the site" and "this is a big step for us; these things take time." The discussion about Facebook was locked so it would fall off the front page and off the radar of members. Can't have dissention in our "happy place."

Amazing how quickly they changed their minds about Facebook after we put ours up, isn't it? I'm hoping some of the other changes that were suggested but rejected are also finally implemented. I would like to see PC become what I envisioned. It's not up to me anymore, and hasn't been for a long time. Now, I'm volunteering where my knowledge and skills are appreciated and my input is not only accepted but solicited. I am once again a happy camper.

PMSers operate in their Honey Comb Hideout. Reminds me of a little political operation known as Pinnacol. Wayne is a happy camper? No way!

26 May 2010 10:55 #37 by IXerLover
I am looking forward to positive-thinking people, more acceptance of a variety of ideas and views.

We can't change the past...so let's smile and move forward - MERRILY!

26 May 2010 11:00 #38 by The Viking
I am sorry but I have to post this. This is what was just posted on another site about the Facebook PC page.

Board,

Thank you for listening to the community. You have once again proven that you really DO want what is best for your users and you are not just in this for yourselves as some think.

:CryingLOL: rofllol :roflol: It is so blatently obvious that they are not only trying to sell others on that site all of the sudden having a miraculous change towards its members and the community, but I think they are actually trying to say it enough where they may actually believe it someday. They tell it's members basiclaly to shut up 99 times and that they know what is best for everyone, and then listen once when they see how successful this site is and how great Wayne and the owners of this site made our Facebook page look. So now all of the sudden there is a 'see I told you so' mentality. :bash It is hilarious that they actually think people are buying it and that everyone will just forget how they have treated us for years because of a FB page!! :CryingLOL: :roflol: rofllol

26 May 2010 11:02 #39 by The Viking

IXerLover wrote: I am looking forward to positive-thinking people, more acceptance of a variety of ideas and views.

OK, I am moving forward now. I just had to respond to their shot across the bow. And I think this site is amazingly positive. I wish we could let others know about it. I have the names of a few I would love contacted.

26 May 2010 11:19 #40 by homeagain

The Viking wrote:

IXerLover wrote: I am looking forward to positive-thinking people, more acceptance of a variety of ideas and views.

OK, I am moving forward now. I just had to respond to their shot across the bow. And I think this site is amazingly positive. I wish we could let others know about it. I have the names of a few I would love contacted.

Vik, I hope you and others will provide and
nurture a positive expression going forward. Trash talk and negative commentary does NOT really speak to just WHO you are as a human being/individual. The past is in the past and the FUTURE shines brightly ahead......move on and forgive,because the act of
forgiveness is REALLY for yourself and NOT the other part......JMO...... :whiteflag: :peace:

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds