PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST $1000 Cash Prize!

09 Nov 2013 09:00 #171 by Mtn Gramma
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 424AAQg9pJ

moamar123456789 asked: I was told the word "welch" or "welcher" is politically incorrect and is a demeaning word. Is this true?

Catie I answered: 'welch' was brought to America around 1855 - 1860

It was meant to mean to cheat by failing to pay a gambling debt.
The origin is unknown.

There is a time in American history when a lot of language used was not "politically correct" and considered to be demeaning. Although, people were unaware of the demeaning aspect of it.

"welch" was not to be confused with 'welsh' (the people of Wales). Although now days it has been left by the wayside to die a death that should have been sooner.

"welch" appears in the Webster Dictionary of 1862 with the meaning of to go back on one's word. Used here as an informal verb.

non descript answered: It dates back to the 30's and 40's. Somebody who "welches" on a deal doesn't pay back the money he owes or pay up on a bet.

Rarely used today. It is American slang. It would be the same as calling someone a cheater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2013 10:54 #172 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST $1000 Cash Prize!

Photo-fish wrote: I don't expect him to pay up, but if bumping this or harrassing him for the $1,000 keeps him away then it was money well spent.

Ha ha ha ha ha Don't flatter yourself...I'm not shamed by any of this, and I find my (you can't possibly win this contest) disclaimer halarious...I don't post here because its a collection of some of the most ugly people ive ever seen all in one place...

And i'm dead serious now..From Gramma to Walter youre a bunch of the most miserable excuses for human beings I've ever seen..For some reason the message board attracts the worst from the area, the most angry people and is in now way a reflection of the good friendly and empathatic people along the 285 corridor

You seem fairly weel adjusted PF, but this, for the most part, is a septic tank..

11 Nov 2013 10:59 #173 by Nobody that matters

Black Dog wrote: Whaxa whaxa whaxa whaxa whaxa Peniz braxattol yeulsorb...Pum'v jet skaxamow fupp axanupp eb zis, pi Pum bict vupp (ug caxaniz dessifrupp win zis cenkoch) iscraxaimol whaxaraxalieus...Pum peniz dech wholo focaxauso dits pit cerrondien eb semo eb zo vech ugrupp doepro divo ovol soon axarr din eno praxaco...

Act di'v poaxad solieus jed..Blem Klaxammaxa te Waxartol yeulo pit funst eb zo vech visolaxafro oxcusos bel whumaxan foicks Pum'mo ovol soon..Bel semo loaxasen zo vossaxago feaxald axattlaxands zo welch blem zo axaloaxa, zo vech axacklupp doepro pi dis din jed waxaupp pit lobrondien eb zo keew blioctrupp pi ompaxathaxatic doepro axareck zo 769 cellidel

Ug soom baxailrupp woor axadjuchow PB, fut zis, bel zo vech paxalt, dis pit soptic taxant..

Pay the $1000.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Nov 2013 11:02 #174 by UNDER MODERATION

Nobody that matters wrote:

Black Dog wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha Don't flatter yourself...I'm not shamed by any of this, and I find my (you can't possibly win this contest) disclaimer halarious...I don't post here because its a collection of some of the most ugly people ive ever seen all in one place...

And i'm dead serious now..From Gramma to Walter youre a bunch of the most miserable excuses for human beings I've ever seen..For some reason the message board attracts the worst from the area, the most angry people and is in now way a reflection of the good friendly and empathatic people along the 285 corridor

You seem fairly weel adjusted PF, but this, for the most part, is a septic tank..

Pay the $1000.

I said I'll glady pay the $1000.....Just as soon as a judge tells me too

:rofllol

11 Nov 2013 11:20 #175 by Nobody that matters

Black Dog wrote: Eh di'v se scaxalow..

Pay the $1000

11 Nov 2013 11:24 #176 by Nobody that matters

Black Dog wrote: ...

Pay the $1000.

11 Nov 2013 11:27 #177 by Nobody that matters

Black Dog wrote: ...

Pay the $1000.

11 Nov 2013 11:28 #178 by Nobody that matters

Black Dog wrote: more worthless excuses

Pay the $1000

11 Nov 2013 11:29 #179 by Nobody that matters

11 Nov 2013 11:32 #180 by UNDER MODERATION
His pumpkin sucked lol

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds