The coolest thing I saw today....

18 Mar 2011 07:26 #31 by pacamom
Snow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2011 08:20 #32 by Photo-fish
You saw that too?
Saw 7 deer playing and jumping in the fresh snow.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

18 Mar 2011 09:09 #33 by Rockdoc
Waking up to a landscape dusted in snow with the sun reflecting off millions of faceted ice crystals.

18 Mar 2011 09:38 #34 by TPP
(Happens everytime we get deep snow)
Watching my Puppy trying to pee, and squat just enough, so that certain areas don't touch the snow, but once starting moving legs wider as the snow melts under her... Smart Puppy!

19 Mar 2011 11:41 #35 by Photo-fish
Bluebirds are back and checking out our bird houses this morning. :sunshine:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

19 Mar 2011 19:29 #36 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The coolest thing I saw today....
I know you guys all think I live in the slums of Aurora but I was out near Arapahoe and Parker today and this pic does not do it justice (My cell camera is not that great) but the skyline was incredible. Right here (where the borders is closing) You have the best views and can see all of Denver and the skyline. This is looking north and if you look south you can see all of Denver and pikes peak. There is a coffee shop up there and you just sit and watch the whole mountain range all the way accross Denver and at night is is even cooler.

On the 4th of July, you can see all the fireworks displays not just one.

We watch you guys from a distance.

19 Mar 2011 21:36 #37 by jf1acai
It was a long week, I enjoyed the inside of my eyelids :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Mar 2011 13:18 #38 by TPP

CinnamonGirl wrote: I know you guys all think I live in the slums of Aurora but I was out near Arapahoe and Parker today and this pic does not do it justice (My cell camera is not that great) but the skyline was incredible. Right here (where the borders is closing) You have the best views and can see all of Denver and the skyline. This is looking north and if you look south you can see all of Denver and pikes peak. There is a coffee shop up there and you just sit and watch the whole mountain range all the way accross Denver and at night is is even cooler.

On the 4th of July, you can see all the fireworks displays not just one.

We watch you guys from a distance.

NICE HUGE TREES!!!! :wink:
Look close, and you'll see deer, elk, bears, & mountain lions, inbetween all the cars.

Went antler hunting out back, and found a buck antler, than found where it used to be attached, Yes the mountain got the buck, pictures to follow...

16 Apr 2011 08:31 #39 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The coolest thing I saw today....
This is the coolest thing I have seen so far today but screwed up the video. My dog was going nuts because he saw a squirrel. Let him out and the squirrel went up this tree. Two woodpeckers were at the top and they were attacking the squirrel. i don't know if the squirrel thought he was playing or what.

I tried to catch it on video. LOL It did not work.

[youtube:2wf4jkf4]
[/youtube:2wf4jkf4]

SC, Please don't take this thread down. You know my sensitivities with squirrel threads. LOL

16 Apr 2011 21:37 #40 by AlpineMike

An afternoon hike up Meridian Trail was just the thing I needed today! I made it to Arapaho Natl Forest boundary in Mt. Evans Wilderness. I can tell it has been a few days since the last human visit. Having not encountered any other hikers, I had the trail all to myself. Ahhh....yesss! Snowfall would have been the only thing that made my afternoon cooler. :thumbsup: :crossed:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds