Colorado Natural Gas RECENT Rate Increase

11 Jan 2014 15:48 #1 by deltamrey
Soliciting comments addressing the recent CNG rate increase......an increase ranging from 17%-29% depending on location and residential/commercial accounts. Look at your late NOV and late DEC bills and compare the Total Cost per Therm entries and the Facility Charges.......the bill went up partially because of usage (got colder) but that is just one part of the increase. ALL comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2014 16:18 #2 by FredHayek
Horrible news. My furnace has been running 24/7 it seems like.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2014 16:49 #3 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Horrible news. My furnace has been running 24/7 it seems like.

Get a wood stove. Wood heat is good for the soul.

12 Jan 2014 21:19 #4 by Rick
I burn a pellet stove 24/7 all winter with little hassle... beetle kill pellets.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Jan 2014 05:59 #5 by LOL
Propane!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Jan 2014 06:41 #6 by LOL
http://nepacrossroads.com/fuel-comparis ... ulator.php

Saw this useful calculator awhile back for comparing prices of heating fuels. (You have to input the correct prices and BTUs). Electric is around .14/kwh and Lodgepole pine wood is 15,000,000 BTUs
What is Colorado CNG anyone know?

I'm glad I never made the switch to CNG. Propane and woodstove works for me.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Jan 2014 08:04 #7 by homeagain

BlazerBob wrote:

[/b]
Just to cover ALL bases, we have pellet, gas furnace AND wood stove.....tending a fire brings
a basic appreciation of life...harvesting your own wood, processing (blocking/splitting/stacking)
this BASIC fuel......finding tinder,building a fire and THEN sitting back to watch the flames
is the "fullest" of mountain living..... :wink:

19 Jan 2014 08:31 #8 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

BlazerBob wrote:

[/b]
Just to cover ALL bases, we have pellet, gas furnace AND wood stove.....tending a fire brings
a basic appreciation of life...harvesting your own wood, processing (blocking/splitting/stacking)
this BASIC fuel......finding tinder,building a fire and THEN sitting back to watch the flames
is the "fullest" of mountain living..... :wink:

Good perception home. I will go further even if it labels me a hater. People who burn wood tend to be more decent that people who do not. There is no study I can link because this is based on the thousands of personal interactions I have have with wood burners. It has been corroborated by tens of thousands of interactions of dozens of chimney sweeps I have talked to over a # of years.
I should not need to, but let me add that "tend to" does not mean absolutely everyone. Nor does it mean that a non-wood burner can not be a good person so if you do not burn wood please do not take offence.

22 Jan 2014 10:47 #9 by Venturer
Woodstove users tend to be a hardier bunch, many willing to do a lot of the work themselves to cut the costs. My son comes from Texas every summer and thins out the standing dead ones and leaves a nice pile of wood to get through the winter.

22 Jan 2014 10:51 #10 by FredHayek
I like to have a variety of options.
Looks like a propane shortage east of here. Shouldn't help prices in Colorado.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds