Colorado Natural Gas RECENT Rate Increase

22 Jan 2014 21:07 #21 by Blazer Bob
At top of the hour news on AM 760 this evening they said that the propane was high because the arctic vortex caught suppliers by surprise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2014 10:46 #22 by Blazer Bob
Or maybe it was wet corn.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... id/289403/

"Some propane companies have said this is the worst shortage they have seen in years. A reported 25 states are facing the deep shortage. Demand has been boosted by the combination of record freezing weather at the start of this year and a late, wet, record corn harvest last October and November, when large quantities of propane were used to dry out crops. Propane stocks have been drained, and prices in the region are the highest since at least 1990.

“Propane supply is very tight right now. I haven’t seen a shortage this bad in years,” said Joe Stariha, co-president of Como Oil and Propane. “It’s a big problem in the Midwest; this is not good."...

23 Jan 2014 12:01 #23 by deltamrey
Hummmmm....protection lies in diversity........one heating source is unwise. WOOD/pellets with gas/propane backup is a good choice.....hot water is nice.

23 Jan 2014 12:59 #24 by FredHayek
One reason I like diversity is if one method of heating breaks down, but it is also nice when one energy source becomes really expensive. Just buy the cheaper alternative.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2014 13:50 #25 by deltamrey
Well....for some posts (terriorist, explosions...etc.) ---_ get therapy......a meteorite just missed earth last night.....I was under the bed. Sheeple abound.....

23 Jan 2014 14:45 #26 by FredHayek
Yahoo just ran an article that turning the thermostat down can help weight loss, shivering burns 400 calories an hour!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2014 16:06 #27 by homeagain

deltamrey wrote: Well....for some posts (terriorist, explosions...etc.) ---_ get therapy......a meteorite just missed earth last night.....I was under the bed. Sheeple abound.....

I ASSURE you that 'sheeple" is NOT a noun that I personally acknowledge.....perhaps you might
want to do ADDITIONAL research on the NEXT front of the "war".....it is NOT boots on the
ground,but rather bits and bytes....per a high ranking intelligence/security official.....(yes, and
DRONES are a concern also).....if you will like PROOF, speak to Target,Nieman Marcus and4-6
OTHER retailers yet to come forward about their security breachs that affected HUNDREDS OF
MILLIONS of customers......NOT JMO.

23 Jan 2014 16:38 #28 by HappyCamper

23 Jan 2014 18:03 #29 by LOL
Independent Propane quoted me 3.88/gal today. Up 1.00 in just the last week.

Natural gas isn't looking so bad right now> :)

Phone call-

Me: Hey how much is propane?
IP: Are u sitting down?
Me: ya, I already heard the bad news.
IP" 3.88/gal Bwahahhahaa J/K :)
Me: Yikes, WTF?
Me: Goodbye, going to Home Depot to shop for electric heaters.
IP: LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

23 Jan 2014 18:31 #30 by HappyCamper
I personally think this bites as Colorado has not seen the severe cold that say Chicago has.

To me this is like price gouging before a hurricane I would think that local propane companies should not charge more until they run out of the lower rate that they bought and move to the more expensive propane to fill their supply but that is just my opinion.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds