Single?

11 Jan 2011 19:55 #31 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Single?
Thanks AlpineMike -

I too love it here - best in your search!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2011 22:37 #32 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic Single?
Perhaps I should remain single. I notice more and more relationship failures amongst others. Too many people are divorced or separated. I guess I'm asking too much and have high standards. So I will live on and let it go. Thank you all for your input. I guess I'll make this an open post now on relationships. Do what you want with it......

19 Apr 2011 08:25 #33 by Mountaingirl
be careful, i noticed just when we decide to stay single - we meet someone . . . . .

i have seen a happy relationship here and there,

i think your decision to live on and let go is a great one, - "the art of allowing" - circumstances will springboard from that place,

don't know much about relationships, all i know to do is, love myself - and sometimes that is difficult! ; ~ :bash

29 Sep 2011 00:51 #34 by AlpineMike
I think my desire for discovery in life has worn my practical life down to the thickness of tracing paper. I will need an escape very soon. I am too young to live in a post mid-life crisis doomed for destruction. After all...I have not even reached a mid-life crisis yet. I'm free falling. To remain single will bring nothing but the gateway to true loneliness. This is a simple reminder to the ones who wish they were single again.

29 Sep 2011 07:52 #35 by Mountaingirl
"The Law of Attraction says that that which is like unto itself, is drawn. In other words, that which you think, in any moment, attracts unto itself other thoughts that are like it. That is why whenever you are thinking about a subject that is not pleasant, in a very short period of time, most of you, upon any subject that you ponder very long, attract enough supporting data that it does bring forth the essence of the subject of the thought into your experience."

--- Abraham

30 Sep 2011 01:09 #36 by AlpineMike
I think I know what you are talking about Mountaingirl. I once was positive in every action. Everything negative was filtered out or had become positive. I am in a negative state (now) that I leave open for a positive outcome. My negative state only attracts more negative results. Thus, negative equals negative and positive equals positive for attitude.

I just want to meet someone who loves the area I live in. Someone who has a few things in common. Yep. I'm only negative because of my loss of desire and motivation due to failure in near every effort.

30 Sep 2011 01:28 - 30 Sep 2011 06:34 #37 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Single?
You know AM, it's never too late. Your approach certainly is commendable. You need to stick with your game plan. The alternative is to jump into a relationship that seems good to start and then only deteriorates as the hidden (undesirable aspects of which we are not proud but we all have and thus tend to hide) come out in the "apparent" safety of a relationship. Apparent because of an inability to solve them either through acceptance or help to bring them to closure through resolution. When those can't be addressed positively, the relationship crumbles. I've experienced that more times than I care to recall. Then when I was thinking of just making it on my own since it is so much easier, along comes the girl of my dreams. What's even funnier is that neither one of us was really looking, and we simply stumbled on one another. When we met, we quickly discovered some of our compatibility. We new the big things, but not all the rest. We continue to delight in finding more areas of agreement and dealing with those hidden attributes we have to bring them to closure. The message? It's never too late, patience is important to get what you want and an ability and willingness to communicate and solve differences is of utmost importance. May you stumble in a similar fortuitous way.

30 Sep 2011 01:53 #38 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Single?
Hang in there Mike. The woman that you seek is out there I know it. I believe that everything is just a matter of timing. Relax and know that the Universe has something wonderful in store for you. Be patient and don't rush her. Let her work her magic on you. It took me 14 years to find My Rock, but I have a feeling yours will be sooner than you think. Mutual love and appreciation for where we live is one of the most wonderful things Franz and I share (among many others). :biggrin: It's already in the works for you Mike. Timing, is all in the timing! :wink: By the way, when I decided to finally go back to school after 25 years, one of my first assignments was to write an essay on something that I truly believed in. Well, I choose the topic of destiny. I believe in it so much so that I named one of my daughters that. I wrote about the courage that it took for me to go back to school (which I was kind of afraid to do) and to think and imagine positive thoughts about being successful in going back to school. And I was. I ended with a 3.92 GPA. As much as I believe in destiny, I do think that we can help direct it a bit by positive thoughts and affirmations as well as by keeping an open mind and open heart. I titled my paper Directing Destiny. My professor loved my paper and the title of it (I got an A). Even destiny can use a little push in the right direction. lol Mrs. Alpine Mike is just one chance encounter away! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 Sep 2011 08:15 #39 by Mountaingirl
AM - I think I know exactly where you are. . . . I only share what has been helpful to me.

I too have been lonely due to being single. I have come to realize, single was my state of mind and became my focus - which expanded.

I still am technically "single" but have surrounded myself with people and places that I love and am no longer "single", in my new sense of the word. I believe that as long as I remember my priority - being happy, and have faith, the right person / people will show up.

I also believe you are exactly where you need to be - feeling the negative, which makes the positive so much more intense.

I am learning - a process - to share myself; one of my best friends once told me I was selfish in not sharing myself with others - I now know what she meant.

I have come to love my "single" life, as it also allows me to think of some alternatives:)

I still have feelings of loneliness, which is my opportunity to feel it, practice allowing and let it be, knowing, this too shall pass.

I too love where we live; I hike my dog every day if you'd like to share a hike and maybe a laugh or two: ),

30 Sep 2011 08:48 #40 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Single?
:yeahthat:

Being single isn't bad. After 25 years of marriage, I really like being single :wink:

I have found that loneliness is fairly easy to overcome. Get involved in the community, volunteer! There are many opportunities to get involved with others in things that interest you. You will meet many great people and form new friendships.

And the enjoyment you get from helping others helps you to feel better about yourself.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds