Annoying Co-workers

23 Aug 2010 20:57 #21 by MalamuteMom
Replied by MalamuteMom on topic Annoying Co-workers
I remember back when I worked in cubeville, I had a co-worker who would heat up fish in the microwave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2010 21:13 #22 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic Annoying Co-workers
Flip flops are fine, but they don't have to be NOISY! It's those wooden ones...

In my department, we WRITE and troubleshoot software. Ask any writer. It requires intense concentration.

Laughing is wonderful! But there's this one...kind of like a seal...and it goes on-and-on-and-on...like nervous laughter. But hey, I have my headphones, I can handle the sounds. Any ideas for monitor stability for when the "stompers" go by? LOL

I'm totally not used to working in an office; haven't been in one for well over 15 years. I am sure I just need to adjust and get used to it. But the "work from home" schedule starts week after next (a few days a week). Yippee-skippy!

23 Aug 2010 21:19 #23 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic Annoying Co-workers

Local_Historian wrote: Flip flops in an office? Are dress codes gone?

Typical office attire up in Boulder is whatever was clean or at the top of the laundry hamper. Ironing optional. Matching tops & bottoms are the exception.

Sometimes, the execs will come in wearing bicycle shorts (sometimes swim trunks) and flipflops with a polo shirt, but most days it's flip flops, jeans or shorts, and a relatively decent tee shirt.

We all love the casual/comfortable atmosphere!

24 Aug 2010 06:52 #24 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Annoying Co-workers

MalamuteMom wrote: I remember back when I worked in cubeville, I had a co-worker who would heat up fish in the microwave.

I worked with a guy that kept a baby deep fat fryer on his desk.

24 Aug 2010 07:04 #25 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Annoying Co-workers
I hate to say this but I can't remember any really annoying co workers.
Does that mean I was the annoying one?

24 Aug 2010 07:11 #26 by Nobody that matters
One out of three people are insane. Look to your left and right. If those people appear sane, guess what? :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

24 Aug 2010 07:39 #27 by mozartsmom
Replied by mozartsmom on topic Annoying Co-workers
Two days a week I work at home, only annoying workmate is MUFASA. The other three days a week I work down the hill and the only annoying workmate is well, my boss. But without him, there would be no job. :rolleyes:

24 Aug 2010 09:27 #28 by cookie381
Replied by cookie381 on topic Annoying Co-workers

Dimplszzz wrote: Flip flops are fine, but they don't have to be NOISY! It's those wooden ones...

In my department, we WRITE and troubleshoot software. Ask any writer. It requires intense concentration.

Laughing is wonderful! But there's this one...kind of like a seal...and it goes on-and-on-and-on...like nervous laughter. But hey, I have my headphones, I can handle the sounds. Any ideas for monitor stability for when the "stompers" go by? LOL

I'm totally not used to working in an office; haven't been in one for well over 15 years. I am sure I just need to adjust and get used to it. But the "work from home" schedule starts week after next (a few days a week). Yippee-skippy!

Earphones sound like a great idea, but what if someone yellsFIRE!?

24 Aug 2010 09:33 #29 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Annoying Co-workers

mozartsmom wrote: Two days a week I work at home, only annoying workmate is MUFASA. The other three days a week I work down the hill and the only annoying workmate is well, my boss. But without him, there would be no job. :rolleyes:

who's MUFASA?

24 Aug 2010 18:17 #30 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Annoying Co-workers

Dimplszzz wrote: You know who they are. They stomp through the office, making your monitor shake as if there is an earthquake. They wear loud flip-flops or have an annoying laugh that never seems to stop...

What do some of your co-workers do that is completely annoying and inconsiderate?

I discovered noise-cancelling headphones, which are a lifesaver. Now I just need to figure out how to keep my monitor steady...

If your HR department has a suggestion box maybe you could suggest a No Laughing and a No Walking Around policy at work?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds