Lunch Bound

12 Oct 2010 16:50 #121 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound
No problem - I just found it all amusing! I had pilates and errands I had to run this morning so I wasn't able to check beforehand but it all worked out. It was great meeting pineinthegrass and Freebird! Thanks for coming to lunch!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 18:28 #122 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Lunch Bound
We enjoyed the lunch too! Thanks SC... :)

Too bad others couldn't make it today, hopefully next week. The weather seemed to scare away most all diners today since the place was basically empty except for us. But we got great service! We must of been asked 6 times if we wanted more chips.

12 Oct 2010 19:31 #123 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Lunch Bound
It cleared up just after I bailed , sorry, next week for sure.

12 Oct 2010 19:33 #124 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Lunch Bound
SC I still need to figure out what to make for you guys on Sunday.

12 Oct 2010 19:55 #125 by ScienceChic
You're more than welcome pine! If I'd've had more time, I would've taken them up on their offer of more chips and pigged out, along with another mojito (which was quite yummy, BTW)! Dang kids and school not going 'til 5pm, or at least through Happy Hour!

JMC - I'd rather you stay home and be safe if people are sliding off your road! Good call and see you next week instead!

CG - we're easy! The kids love fruit, veggies, cheese, salsa, pretzels, and chips; basically, anything not nailed down that's edible (and sometimes even that's optional). It's not supposed to be that cold, but I'm thinking of bringing a soup (or chili, or gumbo, ooh, EM mentioned wanting to make that recently - are you allergic to shellfish? I try to claim allergies to the nasty okra, but end up picking it out after getting "The Look"!) in the crock pot - there better be more than just us! :) -

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Oct 2010 19:58 #126 by CinnamonGirl
I could make some soup. I am not the spicy type. LOL. I could make my cheese and broccoli soup. and some rolls.

12 Oct 2010 20:15 #127 by ScienceChic
It's okay - his gumbo isn't spicy, just flavorful. Nico, my 7 yr old, concurs - he's waiting patiently for me to get off the computer and go read him a book as it's his bedtime. BTW, he likes your avatar CG!)

12 Oct 2010 20:32 #128 by CinnamonGirl
How cute. Tell him good night. Will talk soon. :)

18 Oct 2010 21:17 #129 by ScienceChic
Hey Guys! I really need to go into work tomorrow so I can't make a possible lunch. I was thinking it might be a good week to schedule a Saturday lunch so more people could make it! What's everyone's Saturday look like? Any interest?

18 Oct 2010 21:51 #130 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lunch Bound

Science Chic wrote: Hey Guys! I really need to go into work tomorrow so I can't make a possible lunch. I was thinking it might be a good week to schedule a Saturday lunch so more people could make it! What's everyone's Saturday look like? Any interest?

I've got 2 Halloween parties starting in the afternoon on Saturday, so I may not have time for thie Saturday. Let me see how things look. I didn't know there was a possible one tomorrow? I may be free Wed or Fri lunch. Let me know what you all decide.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds