Lunch Bound

23 Oct 2010 08:57 #151 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Lunch Bound
We will be there and looking forward to seeing the rest of you. I'm hoping for rain just to finally get the chance to meet LopingAlong. Of course rain wouldn't be good for RivendaleFarms' move so hoping for some dry weather this morning and later in the afternoon.

Hey pacamom, I'll be working right along side of you. We'll be dressed the same! :wink: I'm impressed with all of the nice items up for bid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2010 10:26 #152 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Lunch Bound
Freebird - I am afraid people are gonna ask us to take their orders. rofllol

I guess I never knew your last name - didn't realize that it was you from the task force email.

It really doesn't look like it's gonna rain for LA. Maybe we can hope it is too wet and slippery on the trails for a lesson. Tomorrow would be a better day for that.

23 Oct 2010 11:10 #153 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Lunch Bound
Hey guys. I am gonna have to sit this lunch out.
I have a houseful of grandkids and the smallest one is pretty cranky.
Good luck on the silent auction today paca and freebird.
Hope you make tons of money for a great cause.
Someone call me and let me know about the surprise OK.
I am bummed.

23 Oct 2010 17:43 #154 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Lunch Bound
Missed you Becky, but lots of people for our lunch and new friends were made. I think a tradition was born ( 5 tables). very cool.

23 Oct 2010 18:05 #155 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Lunch Bound
Wish I could have been there. Ended up having a much needed massage instead, then was wanting only to relax and not go anywhere. Glad you all had fun. Next time for sure!

23 Oct 2010 18:12 #156 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Lunch Bound
We missed you LA, Next time for sure. Rosie says hey!

23 Oct 2010 18:22 #157 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound

LopingAlong wrote: Wish I could have been there. Ended up having a much needed massage instead, then was wanting only to relax and not go anywhere. Glad you all had fun. Next time for sure!

I coulda used one of those! Next time - group massage instead of lunch! (Wait, that didn't come out sounding right - everyone gets their own, separately, all at the same place and same time!).

Missed you Becky and wished you could've made it Loping - soon hopefully!

The silent auction had lots of cool items - I got outbid on the basket I wanted (A Girl's Nite In Basket with chocolate, wine, and a vibrating wine opener - Oh My!), but when I left there was a really good turnout so I hope it went well. The band was fun too - would like to see them elsewhere.

Thanks pine and freebird for my lunch - is this a new tradition that we pick up each other's tab at every other lunch?! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2010 18:33 #158 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Lunch Bound
Nice group. Good conversation. Good food. I like the weekend lunch idea. I can't make it on weekdays as I work in Evergreen. It was good to meet Susan from EvergreenBound. It may be cool to have a lunch group with that site too. Nice to meet you S.C. and to re-meet JMC and Viking (who is also a closet Packer fan) and the pickle moochers at the end of the table.

I don't think we should tell them what the surprise was. Nobody would ever believe it. :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

23 Oct 2010 18:40 #159 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Lunch Bound

Photo-fish wrote: I don't think we should tell them what the surprise was. Nobody would ever believe it. :Whistle

There was a surprise? Did I miss it?

Enjoyed meeting you all! I had to miss the silent auction and head back home to continue wiring up the basement. Ended up having to rewire 12 light switches because I did it the intuitive way first time, and learned not to do that again... :VeryScared:

23 Oct 2010 20:11 #160 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Lunch Bound
I missed you guys to. I am so glad there was a big turn out. I just love all you guys.
I am holding down the fort here with 3 grandkids this weekend.
We are heading for the haunted house tonight.
I promise to make the next one and get some pictures to post.

SC are you sure that was a vibrating wine opener?

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds