Lunch Bound

24 Sep 2010 13:27 #31 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Lunch Bound

The Viking wrote: Another thought might be to try a Happy Hour some weeks so others who can't make lunch can stop on their way home from work?

Bingo! :thumbsup:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2010 14:32 #32 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Lunch Bound
OK - went to Crossroads today for our rare lunch out for me and spouse - honestly, I won't go there again. IMO- expensive and overcooked.

24 Sep 2010 17:58 #33 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound
I thought I was going to have to volunteer for a special program at my son's school Tuesday morning & afternoon, but all I have now is my annual dr's checkup at 2pm in Littleton. So I could do Tues, but I'd definitely have to be out of there by 1:15 (Brooks Tavern is out!) and would miss relaxing, hanging out, and chatting for an extended period. If that works better for everyone else, let's do it Tuesday, otherwise Thursday is better for me. Saturdays work too - then I can bring EM if our babysitter is available!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Sep 2010 18:38 #34 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Lunch Bound
I am liking the happy hour idea

24 Sep 2010 20:44 #35 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Lunch Bound

Local_Historian wrote: OK - went to Crossroads today for our rare lunch out for me and spouse - honestly, I won't go there again. IMO- expensive and overcooked.

I too am not impressed with Crossroads for lunch. Just overpriced and not a great menu. The one exception I'll make is for the pizza which is pretty good. Not top of the line, but the best in the area (JJ Madwells a close 2nd), IMO. And it's reasonably priced, so for a group of two or more, it's better and cheaper than their other lunch stuff. Of course, the problem is figuring out which varieties of pizzas to order for a group. The breakfast there isn't too bad either (but nothing great), and priced better than the lunch menu.

24 Sep 2010 23:43 #36 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Lunch Bound
We need a place to put menus from the local restaurants here on the site. Is that an easy thing to do?
Would it be possible/

24 Sep 2010 23:52 #37 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lunch Bound

Becky wrote: We need a place to put menus from the local restaurants here on the site. Is that an easy thing to do?
Would it be possible/

I think they have a menu section on here. Brooks Tavern said they would put it on there.

27 Sep 2010 08:54 #38 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound
Are we on for Thursday then? At Raven's or somewhere else?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Sep 2010 11:58 #39 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Lunch Bound
I would love to meet all of you but Tuesday's are booked until the Farmer's Market ends on October 12. I will keep watching the post just in case you change the day. Raven's, 3M or Windy Point Mexican all sound good to me. :biggrin:

27 Sep 2010 12:57 #40 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lunch Bound

pound dog mom wrote: I would love to meet all of you but Tuesday's are booked until the Farmer's Market ends on October 12. I will keep watching the post just in case you change the day. Raven's, 3M or Windy Point Mexican all sound good to me. :biggrin:

Tuesdays are booked? I think they are talking Thursday so maybe we will get to meet you.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds