Very sad day today....

28 Oct 2010 18:32 #1 by Sunshine Girl
Today we had to put our beloved doggie down. To make matters worse, we had the "nightmare vet experience" by one of the vets up here (in the new Safeway center). We ended up going to another vet up here (in the old Safeway center) and they were so nice and much more professional. They have earned my future business for sure.

Here is what I don't understand: How in the world can businesses up here in such a small community think they can thrive when they are rude, unprofessional, and uncaring? I am always glad to see places eventually close down when their reputation catches up with them (speaking in general terms here and not about anyone specifically).

Thank you Conifer Veterinary Hospital for helping us and our sweet love in this difficult time. I only wish we came to you first. :heart: RIP my little Chimi. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2010 18:43 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Very sad day today....
Sorry that you had to go through that today SG. Conifer vet is great and caring, I too had a less than satisfactory experience with the vet you mention. Dr. Danielson(Aspen Creek) has been a great resource and in tune with the issues you are going through.Lots of caring vets up here you just need to find the right one for you.
I had the same experience a month ago and my condolences are with you.So tough.
The businesses up here will not survive if they treat their customers poorly. Thanks for getting this out.

28 Oct 2010 18:52 #3 by Sunshine Girl
Thank you JMC. This was so tough one all of us and poor Chimi. From the moment we met with the first vet she was rude and distrectful to me even in front of my girls. I was so embarrassed and pissed off but I was desperate to get my dog some help and to try to save his life that I went against my better judgement and my gut instinct. I should have turned right around and left immediately. Buyer beware I guess. :((((( Did you loose a pet too?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 Oct 2010 19:07 #4 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Very sad day today....
So sorry to hear SG, I've been through this too and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. Love and light to you!

28 Oct 2010 19:11 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Very sad day today....
So sorry SG. We all know how hard it is. It is the price we have to pay for their love and loyalty. Hugs.

28 Oct 2010 19:38 #6 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Very sad day today....
my deepest condolences to you and your family. it is so very hard, i will not attempt to minimize;

when i recently lost my boy/doggie, a very spiritual dear friend told me, my boy is "playing in fields of poppies, with all other animals, no pain and happy" - that comforted me, hope to share that comfort, if only for a brief moment, with you.

i am sorry to hear of your experience,

28 Oct 2010 19:41 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
so sorry for your loss today and so sorry that you had to endure such an experience. I wish you guys better days and know that you did the right thing.
and I have been going to Doc Palmini since we moved up here. He and his staff are top notch. I am glad that you were able to find him.

hugs to you guys,
Ang

Hail little Chimi.

28 Oct 2010 19:48 #8 by Sunshine Girl
Thank you all for your kind words of condolence. That you too Wily for saying the doctor's name. I was so angry when I left Mountain Paws that I didn't even catch the name of the doctor at Conifer Vetrainry. Him and his staff where the polar opposite of what I experienced at the first place. They were kind and sensitive and honest. They had my doggies best interest in mind too which was refreshing. I'm glad he's out of pain now. Thank you all again it means so much to me.

28 Oct 2010 20:05 #9 by Wily Fox aka Angela
when you're ready, we'd like to hear about Chimi. . .

28 Oct 2010 20:09 #10 by pineinthegrass
Sorry to hear about your loss of Chimi, SG. Most of us with dogs consider them part of the family, and you'd think a vet would understand that.

We've been going to Lone Rock Vet and have been happy with the doctors and service there.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds