Very sad day today....

28 Oct 2010 21:27 #11 by Willys Inbred Cousin
Always a tough day

"I Think--Therefore I don't listen to LJ or Willy"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2010 21:30 #12 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Very sad day today....
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how difficult that is to deal with. It is like losing one of your family. I am keeping you all in my prayers for peace and comfort, knowing that he is no longer in any pain.

I am also sorry to hear about your experience with that Vet. I went there 2 weeks ago for the first time and they treated me and my two dogs amazing. In fact I was going to write a thread about them. Not sure what happened there but I am sorry it happened at such a difficult time for you.

28 Oct 2010 21:32 #13 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Very sad day today....

Mountaingirl wrote: my deepest condolences to you and your family. it is so very hard, i will not attempt to minimize;

when i recently lost my boy/doggie, a very spiritual dear friend told me, my boy is "playing in fields of poppies, with all other animals, no pain and happy" - that comforted me, hope to share that comfort, if only for a brief moment, with you.

I love that thought. Thanks for posting it.

29 Oct 2010 05:26 #14 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Very sad day today....
I'm so sorry SG. Chimi will be in our prayers.

The Conifer Vet folks are wonderful.

29 Oct 2010 07:22 #15 by Sunshine Girl
Thank you all again so much. It is a quietness not having Chimi here when we wake up in the morning. The little fur ball sure had a lot of energy and love to give. I agree the Conifer vet is beyond wonderful and his staff was so sweet and caring especially when trying to take over where another vet fell short. I wouldn't even take a hamster to Mountain Paws especially an animal in a serious situation. Their bedside manner leaves A LOT to be desired. I was basically told to shut up and quit asking questions when I brought my dog in that was in some real trouble. She actually asked me who the vet was, her or I (paraphrasing here). If my kids doctor ever talked to me like that I would leave immediately and I should have here. They never even called me once to give me any updates. I had to call them. Ridiculous! I don't think they will last long with two other great choices in vets to make. Caring and compassion is essential in this business I would think. I will post some pics of Chimi over the weekend. Thank you all again for your kind words. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 Oct 2010 08:21 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Very sad day today....

a very spiritual dear friend told me, my boy is "playing in fields of poppies, with all other animals, no pain and happy" - that comforted me, hope to share that comfort, if only for a brief moment, with you.

This is going to sound weird but when my dog shadow had to go... My vet had a book in his office about where dogs go when they leave (it was sort of written for kids) and it said they go with the angels and the angels walk them, play and the dogs sit under their tables when they eat dinner. I always remembered that and at thanksgiving I imagine them up with the angels eating whatever they drop during dinner and I cry on Thanksgiving every year thinking of my missed pets. I know that is odd, but I always remembered that.

SG, it gets better but it took a year to where I could talk about my Missy (a year ago last March) with out crying. No one could say her name to me. And with Shadow I had a very hard time walking Missy for months. I take this stuff very hard. Condolences to your family.

29 Oct 2010 08:30 #17 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Very sad day today....
SG and rockdoc, I just saw this thread and am so sorry to hear. I send you my prayers, love and light and hope that you know the real important part is that you loved him and he loved you right back.

I think our animals are simply a part of our lives whether they are in physical or not. It's just that I always miss the physical so very very much as I know you do. If there is anything we can do, you know we're here for you, just say the word! Our deepest condolences to you all.

29 Oct 2010 08:47 #18 by rldbailey
Replied by rldbailey on topic Very sad day today....
I'm sorry for your loss and that you and your family we're put through a bad experience. It's never easy to lose one of your fur babies as we all know!

Will look forward to seeing those pictures, with captions included. Hold on to the good thoughts and all of the joy your fur baby brought to all of your lives!!! Hang in there!!

29 Oct 2010 09:18 #19 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Very sad day today....
Thank you for your sincere support. I appreciate it since Sunshine Girl needs to deal with this by herself for now. I find it interesting that the little guy found his way into my heart too in such short order.

29 Oct 2010 09:23 #20 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Franz, you know when your heart is open, all kinds of things find their way in and that is a good way to live in this world.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds