Another Major accident on 285

04 Nov 2010 09:58 #21 by Wily Fox aka Angela
thinking about this some more - the Eagle Cliff accident
It would seem that a wrong way driver does not know the roads and I could see how someone could come out of that shopping center (King Soopers) using the exit/ entrance that is just one up from Eagle Cliff and turning left onto 285. All the other exit/entrances are up in Aspen Park and it is very clear which way is correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2010 10:10 #22 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Another Major accident on 285
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5222 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5222<!-- l -->

04 Nov 2010 10:13 #23 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Becky wrote: 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5222

additional info provided by PC scanner team: Elk Creek responding car going wrong direction.

04 Nov 2010 10:30 #24 by CC

JeffCo deputy in wrong-way fatal crash undergoes surgery

A deputy with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office received multiple fractures in a traffic crash last night on U.S. Highway 285 near Conifer.

Markus Liebe, 41, a five-year veteran with the sheriff's office, is in serious condition at St. Anthony Central Hospital, said Mark Techmeyer, a sheriff's spokesman.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16522473

04 Nov 2010 11:12 #25 by EddieWess
I don't think this had anything to do with yesterday's accident, but, I think one thing that should be done to make 285 safer to drive is to re-paint the the lane lines and the fog lines. And paint them with reflective paint that will stand up to the viscous winter conditions. I was coming home last night between 6:30 and 7:00 and noticed that there are some sections of the road where you cannot discern the lane markings. This is not a safe condition for anyone, be they experienced 285ers or, and especially, those not familiar with the road. Its a dark road and those road markings are of paramount importance.

04 Nov 2010 12:51 #26 by Wily Fox aka Angela
it has been found that the ONE WAY SIGN coming out of King's Soopers was missing. CDOT is on it now.
see copilots post here
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 50#1178950

04 Nov 2010 12:54 #27 by CC
Glad someone has taken some initiative to get some changes made.

04 Nov 2010 15:46 #28 by pacamom

Wily Weasel wrote: it has been found that the ONE WAY SIGN coming out of King's Soopers was missing. CDOT is on it now.
see copilots post here

Which exit out of King Soopers, and I thought the accident was at Eagle Cliff?

04 Nov 2010 15:56 #29 by CC
If you drive to the end of that frontage Rd...You can actually access Eagle Cliff from the shopping center parking lot at the very end.
I could see how someone might get a little confused at night but it is my understanding that this young woman had lived in Evergreen for awhile.
She graduated with my oldest daughter.
Very sad. My prayers for everyone involved.

04 Nov 2010 15:57 #30 by EddieWess

pacamom wrote:

Wily Weasel wrote: it has been found that the ONE WAY SIGN coming out of King's Soopers was missing. CDOT is on it now.
see copilots post here

Which exit out of King Soopers, and I thought the accident was at Eagle Cliff?

Eagle Cliff is the road by Our Lady of the Pines and is also the northern exit from the King Sooper Center. Is that where this happened?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds