Scanner Posts

16 Nov 2010 20:18 #1 by CC
Scanner Posts was created by CC
OK...We would like some feedback from you guys on the scanner area of the website.
Tonight....we had a lot of incidents in a very short period of time. This filled up the active topics link for awhile tonight.
Did you feel that the posting of road information was excessive?
Would you prefer to not have scanner information in the active topic link?
Please give us your feedback so that we can best meet the needs of the Community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2010 20:28 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Scanner Posts
I am biased, because I have been involved in providing this information to the community for many years.

I think it is very important information, or I wouldn't spend the time/effort/$ on it that I do.

I am very interested in what the community at large feels about this.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Nov 2010 20:32 #3 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Scanner Posts
Forget it - all the posts and no follow up - why bother?

16 Nov 2010 20:40 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Scanner Posts
What kind of follow up are you talking about?`

16 Nov 2010 21:16 #5 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Scanner Posts
Doobie, we follow up with whatever information we can get but we will NOT post personal information if that is what you are looking for. We may post personal information once it is publicly out but then it is usually in a general topic area. What kind of follow up are you looking for?

16 Nov 2010 21:16 #6 by chocolove
voted but I am biased as well! :)

16 Nov 2010 21:23 #7 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Scanner Posts

chocolove wrote: Doobie, we follow up with whatever information we can get but we will NOT post personal information if that is what you are looking for. We may post personal information once it is publicly out but then it is usually in a general topic area. What kind of follow up are you looking for?

Coming from Doobie it doesn't surprise me. They are probably the only vote who doesn't care. It is extremely important to most every one up here and we appreciate it more than you know. The only thing that I suggested was a link to the mile markers at the very top ot the Scanner page so we know where everything is happening. But don't ever stop and on days like today you are needed more than ever and I don't mind it on the active page at all as it is very important to those who are traveling.

Thanks to all of you!! :thumbsup:

16 Nov 2010 21:32 #8 by chocolove
Believe me viking I hate the mm posts as much as the rest. A lot of the time that is all we are given so we post what we hear before we forget it ( I have C.R.A.F.T.) and then try to go find the mm and the description to add if there aren't too many calls coming in. One thing I have learned in the mm is to try and memorize a few of the mm's around to maybe kind of help.

16 Nov 2010 21:33 #9 by CC
Interesting...Makes a comment and does not follow up!

Would you prefer to see the posts on the front page as opposed to going to the forum.

At least we spell good!

16 Nov 2010 21:34 #10 by CC
Should we just put "closed" on them.
This ain't Pinecam hon!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds