Scanner Forum

07 Jun 2010 10:59 - 08 Jun 2010 15:24 #1 by CC
Scanner Forum was created by CC
As many of you know, 285bound has put together a scanner team to provide the public with emergency information in times of need. If your at work and need to know road and weather conditions. They will be posted. If there is a fire, some of the most experienced scanner monitors in the area will provide you that important information.
First...I would like to introduce the 285bound team.
jf1acai, shilohlady and me (Becky) have been providing this scanner information to the community for over 8 years on the 285 corridor and beyond.
It has been a labor of love.
We began at Pinecam. We then started disastersupportvolunteers.com and we now call 285bound.com our home
As your 285bound scanner team, we seek your input on how you would like us to best meet the needs of the community.
We will be running a few polls from time to time to best understand what you want to see from all of us.
We are also searching for volunteers to do many tasks that are required to provide solid information to the community in a time of emergency.
We are always looking for good researchers and mappers to provide assistance in situations such as a fire.
We also could use some scanner monitors.
We are happy to have you occasionally or full time. Any help at all is appreciated.
For those of you who are not sure about scanner monitoring and just want to listen in for a bit, here is a link to a good starting location. Just choose the area closest to you and give it a try.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=8
(Just click on the county in which you want to listen in on.)

Thanks so much for allowing us to provide you with important information each day.
Here is our first poll. Please feel free to post your questions or opinions.

Respectfully
Your 285bound scanner team.

Just in case we lose the data....The poll now sits at 10/3 to close

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2010 11:49 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Scanner Forum
Thanks for taking the time to vote.
Please share why you voted the way you did.

07 Jun 2010 15:07 #3 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Scanner Forum
Yes, that way the topic would only have the scanner info and not be cluttered with any chit-chat. What is the saying from the TV detective show… just the facts, Mam.

07 Jun 2010 15:22 - 07 Jun 2010 15:33 #4 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Scanner Forum
Yes, there is probably enough misinformation on the scanner, no need to add speculation. So far, Becky et al, great job.

07 Jun 2010 15:27 #5 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Scanner Forum
Yes, and then the chit chat can be in the campfire area.

07 Jun 2010 15:39 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Scanner Forum
just the scanner posts - as said previously, I don't want to read what everyone 'might have heard', or 'someone told them'
just what the scanner monitors are posting - they also know the rules about personal information

07 Jun 2010 16:10 #7 by CC
Thx so much for the info guys.
What we want is to have the information reflect what all of you need.
I agree that I prefer to only read scanner information.
If it is really important, we can post it over here in the campfire for members to discuss.
It is important to protect the privacy of the individuals involved as well as the safety of those who are responding.
We look forward to even more input.
Is there anything else that you guys would like to see us address?

07 Jun 2010 16:21 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Scanner Forum
I like the idea of the scanner area only for professionals that know what they are listening to and know how to post. And the threads read easier. Then any discussion can be talked about in the CF. I am all about ease of reading.

07 Jun 2010 16:29 #9 by CC
I see 2 votes to keep it open.
Sure would like to hear from you guys.

08 Jun 2010 15:26 #10 by CC
We now have 3 votes to keep it open. Would really like to hear the reasons for keeping it open.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds