I have a question

18 Jan 2011 10:08 #31 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I have a question

MeadowMouse wrote: I'm not sure why you guys even care about the other site. what is the atrraction? I would rather see what this site is doing, it seems these responses have shown a threat or something.

I think the reasoning is that this is a small and very close knit community. One that never had people trying to divide it until a couple years ago. Most people up here are very protective of it and how our neighbors and friends are treated. No matter if it is a business, restaurant, website or anything else. We don't appreciate people who live up here treating our neighbors and friends with disrespect, and with total disregard for what they are doing to this community, purely out of selfish, egotistical and prideful reasons. It is neither good for, nor healthy for our community and they seem as though they are purposely trying to divide many people up here. That is the reason we care about another site that is so divisive and acts so childish almost weekly. Many people over there running the site thrive on controversy and strife. They are bored and unhappy without it.

I too don't care if that site sinks or floats or that their poor reputation is growing quickly up here. But I DO care what they do to our friends, neighbors and community. Most of us do not appreciate anyone like that up here. That is not what we as a community are about. Dividing and separating, and trying to cause a riff between groups of people up here.

Look at it this way. If we had a restaurant or bar or business up here that told certain people that they were no longer allowed to come in their establishment and even look around let alone buy anything or advertise there or talk to your neighbors there, just because they believed differently, would there be an outrage in the community? Of course there would. People would boycott places like that and word would spread fast that they are not a community friendly establishment. That is what Pinecam is. It was a community site that was established for the good of the community many years ago. Now they have people running it that are deciding that certain people are not good enough or they don’t like their beliefs so they are not allowed in that establishment anymore.

This community was never really about clicks until that site changed and decided they wanted to create a controlling class of people who are bored with their lives and sit on their arse and want to feel important again by controlling others speech and what they can even look at, and a class of followers and people to control. And those who didn't follow and wouldn't let the controllers, control them, had to be silenced and separated from the others in this community. They really are trying to divide many of us up here and that was never what this community was about until the new board took over that site. We never had a divide up here until the site was sold and turned over to a bunch of stuffy board members. We are upset because this was a much tighter knit community until that site changes.

They really have changed a lot of people up here and now there is tension and it is sad that just a small handful of egotistical people can do that to a whole community. Out of tens of thousands of people living up here in harmony and in neighborly fashions, there are less than 10 that are really trying to keep stirring things up and causing issues and trying to divide us because the controversy gives them some sort of sick pleasure. THOSE are the people who need to be banned from sites up here and from this community until they realize that they are not acting like what this community has always stood for. Neighbor helping neighbor and friend helping friend, no matter what their differences in beliefs.

They really are like a pebble in your shoe, or a sticker in your sock, or I guess the best description is a hemorrhoid. They are such a pain in the arse that was never there before but they make everything uncomfortable here and they just won't go away.

So personally I think we should put the names out there of the handful of people who are trying to divide this community and cause problems and start a boycott of them until they realize that is not how we do things up here and not how we treat people. If it was a local business treating your neighbors disrespectful, (which is what Pinecam is), then we sure post their names and business and let people know so they can decide if they want to keep doing business with them. We do it all the time with restaurants, auto places and other local businesses, so why do they get to hide behind screen names and continue to hurt people without others knowing who is doing it and when many of us know who they are?

People like that should never have been put into any sort of power where they had the ability to divide us let alone make important decisions. They are not the type of people who are capable of that. I am so sick of 5-10 people causing so many issues up here. We need to take away their power! We are many and they are few! I know who many of them are and I know some know who all of them are. And if they want to treat our community like their own personal schoolyard and they want to be the bullies, and also totally stop neighbors from our community from even being able to SEE a local information site, then let’s put their names and businesses out there and let people decide if they want to support them or make sure they never give them our business. How does that sound?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2011 10:12 #32 by CC
Replied by CC on topic I have a question
I am OK with exposing the behavior as a whole for what it is but I am not OK with naming names and boycotting or hurting anyone.
To do so would make me no better than them.

18 Jan 2011 10:18 #33 by The Viking

Becky wrote: I am OK with exposing the behavior as a whole for what it is but I am not OK with naming names and boycotting or hurting anyone.
To do so would make me no better than them.

Wait a minute. My point is this. If it was a restaurant, or Joe's bar and grill, or Pete's auto shop treating people like this, we point it out on here and they do on Pinecam also. Their names and the names of their businesses and what they did to custumers and people up here is also posted. Why does this certain business, which happens to be a website, get to treat people even worse than most up here and those doing it get to hide behind a screen name? I am not TELLING people to boycott anyone. I am just saying that all the info should be out there and let people decide if they want to do business with people whose actions are such. It's only fair unless we don't think we should point out any poor businesses or actions up here.

18 Jan 2011 10:22 #34 by The Viking
I am not trying to hurt anyone. I just think all people and their actions should be exposed if they want to do business up here and then let people decide. Maybe those running PC would think twice about how they treat others if they knew that people would know who was doing it.

18 Jan 2011 10:27 #35 by The Viking
Sorry, I am just sick of a handful of people acting like total a-holes up here, controlling people, and disrespecting the community, and then geeting to cowardly hide behind their screen names.

18 Jan 2011 11:15 #36 by Nobody that matters
IMHO:

If a business was treating people badly, the business name would be posted and virtually tarred and feathered.

That's what's happening here. You feel Pinecam is treating people badly, and you've expressed that.

Making it ok for you to call out people by name here might cause traffic to increase initially, but new user registrations and some existing posters would drop. It would effectively kill this site.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Jan 2011 11:18 #37 by CC
Viking.....Take a real good look around this site.
You won't find a lot of negative feedback about businesses up here. Yeppers......Pinecam allows it and even encourages it if the admins have an issue with an individual.
A bad business is simply just not mentioned here.
We celebrate great businesses. If you want a mention here......be great!
Times are hard enough without slapping folks around. People are trying to feed their families and pay their mortgage.
I just think that 285bound has always raised the bar and asked everyone to reach up.
I like it that way.

18 Jan 2011 11:19 #38 by CC
I don't think that calling specific people out would raise the numbers anywhere.
It is just not something anyone should consider doing and I believe it is against this sites TOS

18 Jan 2011 12:30 - 18 Jan 2011 12:37 #39 by The Viking
I don't care about raising numbers. That is not why I want to call people to be accountable. And in the mean time we have 5-10 people in our community who are trying to cause problems with thousands of others and they get to get away with it because they get to cowardly hide behind screen names as they do it. It is not Pinecam's fault, it is those handful of people running it and no one will stand up to them individually and call them out. I see their pompus arses in public looking all smug knowing that they can't be touched no matter how they treat people. But if you guys are against it, then I will just continue to point them out to people and businesses as I see them.

18 Jan 2011 12:36 #40 by The Viking

Becky wrote: Viking.....Take a real good look around this site.
You won't find a lot of negative feedback about businesses up here. Yeppers......Pinecam allows it and even encourages it if the admins have an issue with an individual.
A bad business is simply just not mentioned here.
We celebrate great businesses. If you want a mention here......be great!
Times are hard enough without slapping folks around. People are trying to feed their families and pay their mortgage.
I just think that 285bound has always raised the bar and asked everyone to reach up.
I like it that way.

You are right to a point. We don't talk about bad businesses and the bad service often up here, but we do talk about one very bad business that is unhealthy to our community and that is Pinecam. But no one wants to point out who and why it has become what it is today. We all know it wasn't like this before the current mods and BOD took over. They need to be held accountable but it seems people are against that so I guess we will let them continue doing what they are doing and keeping the public blinded to who they are so they can still do business with them. If I had a choice of doing the same business or hiring one of two people and I knew one was trying to hurt our community and one was trying to be a good and productive part of it, then I would definitely choose the one who is buildin up our community. And I would hope people would tell me if I was working with someone who tried to control others and divide the neighbors.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds