I have a question

17 Jan 2011 07:43 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic I have a question
Interesting.
I went over to POS and reread the thread several times.
No where does Sandyd say anything about being banned from POS over there and she makes it pretty clear here that the website in question is not POS.
There has to be more to this story than merely asking a question.
The admins at POS appear downright hostile.
Why?
I remember years ago....Pinecam did a similar thing to me. I tried to go to POS and couldn't get to the site. Got a message telling me that my IP and email had been blocked.
It was a really petty thing to do. This at a time when they were the only game in town and how we all got important info and my family was excluded from that info because they didn't like me.
Some community website...huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2011 07:47 #12 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic I have a question
We all know who Sandy is talking about.
How many forums have been around for ten years?
Must be why Pinecam.com shut the question down.
They are nuts!

17 Jan 2011 07:56 #13 by SandyD
Replied by SandyD on topic I have a question
I was not referring to Pinecam at all in my posts on either site. I thought I made that very clear. The forum I was referring to was an aviation forum that I have been a member of for well over 10 years. The situation has been resolved thanks to a good friend. It was indeed a mistake and they are very apologetic. I just wanted to know how and why a forum would do this to anyone and what the possible reasons might be. I feel that their decision to ban another member in such a way shows a lack of thought and really does not serve any real purpose. The information the website provides should be available to everyone.

17 Jan 2011 08:24 #14 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic I have a question
Well it sounds like they were thinking you might be talking about them.
Guilty conscience I suppose.
Glad you are fixed up, now could you fix the other site?

17 Jan 2011 08:34 #15 by CC
I suspect you are correct nothing wrong.
I received some info that a couple of pretty prominent people here are in a similar situation with none other than POS. I am beginning to understand things a little better now.
Your a pretty smart cookie nothin!

17 Jan 2011 18:51 #16 by CC
I realize that the individuals who find themselves in this same situation as SandyD was in are reluctant to speak about it because they don't want to continue to fuel the fire of the us vrs them controversy between these websites but I just cannot be quiet about the latest in the continuing POS saga.
I have read through that thread several times and one thing that is abundantly clear is that most people in our community cannot conceive of an individual or a group of individuals being SO PETTY as to ban members of this community from even having the opportunity to just view POS.
I now understand the reason for the hand slap that SandyD received from "Lead Moderator" and threat in regards to the TOS at POS.(Pinecam)
JMC and Cinnamongirl...... I know you did not want to make this the subject of yet another crappy POS thread but their behavior regarding this is just sooooooooo petty that I think it rates some discussion by the community. Here in the last month or so....both owners of this site have been summarily removed from the membership of Pinecam.com. There was no infraction of the TOS in either case. Just a desire by the management at POS to silence their voices. In the last few days.....these two fine individuals have not even been permitted to view Pinecam.com at all because their IP addresses and email addresses have been blocked.
What could possibly be the reason for this.
(Thank you SandyD for your unfortunate situation at the website your IP address was blocked from. Though I am sorry you had to go through this....I appreciate your timing)
Why would a community website treat it's customer base and community members in such a way?
What is wrong with people that they can stand in the light of day and defend their behavior? Instead, they hide in the dark and hope no one will notice.
Why does the community continue to stand for being treated this way.
(That may be the even bigger question)
JMC and CG. I am so sorry that you have been treated this way. Your love and respect for this community shines in everything you do.
You have given so much to all of us and there just aren't words to express our appreciation. You have given us all a voice. You have given this community the ability to hear and speak the truth and decide what to do when we see something bad going on.
Shame on Pinecam for being soooooooo petty as to block someone from even viewing community information.
That was so wrong on so many levels.

17 Jan 2011 18:56 #17 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic I have a question
I may be that your ISP has had its addresses banned because of usage of other clients of that ISP. This is common with small IPS suppliers who have clients who use it for spam mailings.

Regards,
Major Bean

17 Jan 2011 20:03 #18 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic I have a question
I have tried very hard to avoid expressing negativity toward Pinecam on this site. Pinecam belongs to them, and they can do as they please with it.

What they please to do with it has not pleased me for many years. I have expressed my displeasure, and as a result have been banned/suspended many times, the last time on 4/1/04.

They can, have, and I'm sure will continue to, ban IP addresses from viewing their forum. I will not comment regarding banning from their home page, as I have never bothered to look into that issue.

IMO, they have every right to ban users from posting on their site. I frequently do not agree with their expressed reasons for doing so, but they have the right to do as they wish. I would like them to be more honest about their reasons, but that is just me.

What has bothered me the most about their policies since they started it, is the "Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registered or enter the forums!" approach. IMO this is a very arrogant approach to the community, and is inexcusable when information that is potentially vital to the community has been posted, but banned/suspended users are not allowed to see it. I have discussed this with Pinecam Board members on several occasions, and was told that it would be inactivated if there were a situation where information posted was really vital to the community. I have never seen that happen, and for that reason I do not consider Pinecam to be a website that is concerned about the welfare of the community, or is a usable resource in an emergency/disaster situation. However, as I said before, they have the right to do as they wish.

Community members also have the right to choose not to use Pinecam.

IMO it is very sad that a website with so much potential to truly help the community chooses the approach that they have, but that is their choice, and there is nothing we can do about it, since they refuse to consider any suggestions for improvement.

I am very thankful to JMC and Cinnamongirl for creating this website, where users can view vital information without being registered, and can express their opinion, within legal and reasonable limits, without fear of deletion or banning.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Jan 2011 20:11 #19 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic I have a question
Quick note , we were both (JMC,CG) not just banned from posting or being members but they blocked our IP address so we can no longer even view PC. Their understanding of technology is amateurish at best. There are proxy servers that make this cheap and petty move futile but the intent is interesting. They have banned many users but I never before heard of this being done. Soviet style tactics will always fail. Enough said.

17 Jan 2011 20:21 #20 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic I have a question

...they blocked our IP address so we can no longer even view PC.

Have you sent them a Thank You note? :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds