This made me drool

11 May 2011 06:47 #11 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic This made me drool

RenegadeCJ wrote: I'm impressed with the acceleration. I used to drag race...didn't matter how much horsepower, if you couldn't get the traction. Hard to believe 0-60 in 1.5 seconds without some serious slicks, and a wheelie bar....

Same here. Agreed. It would be hard to believe one can transfer all that power to the pavement in stock condition. I could see tires killed off in a burnout though. Heck even with a little over 300 hp, the power transfer to the pavement was a challenge.

While the raw available power is a thrill to feel, there is no practical value. Nowhere can you apply it legally. lol If I recall correctly, that was not something that mattered when I wore a younger man's clothes.

Would it be fun to ride in it? Of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2012 21:29 #12 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic This made me drool
Okay, back to drooling over the Tesla...

I Am Silent, Hear Me Roar
It doesn't snarl like a Lamborghini, but Tesla's new Model S is no eat-your-broccoli all-electric car, says Dan Neil—more like eat-up-the-pavement-while-grinning-ear-to-ear
By DAN NEIL
July 6, 2012

This is one amazing car. I mean, hard-core amazing. But first and foremost, gentle reader, it goes like the very stink of hell. —this car slips silently as a dagger into triple-digit speed. You can cut traffic to bits in this thing and never draw the jealous ire of your fellow motorists.

The Signature Performance model is powered by a 416-horsepower AC synchronous electric motor producing 443 pound-feet of torque between zero and 5,100 rpm, with a zero-to-60-mph acceleration of 4.4 seconds and a quarter-mile elapsed time of 12.6 seconds.

It should come equipped with a lawyer. You're going to need one.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jul 2012 06:34 #13 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic This made me drool
http://www.teslamotors.com/about/press/ ... s-colorado

SC you should check out the new showroom in Park Meadows mall, I think it would be fun to drive these cars. The acceleration is supposed to be quite good.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jul 2012 07:55 #14 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic This made me drool
Actually, Ever since I burned my hands changing an oil filter, on my son's first Christmas, I lost all intest in cars, expect '56 Chevy, I don't know why, I'm a Ford dude??????????

10 Jul 2012 13:21 #15 by ScienceChic
I've went to the showroom in Park Meadows a while back, they didn't have the Model S yet at that point. I sat in the Roadster - too low for me.

I'd love to take one for a spin, think they'd give it to me because I'd be a great salesperson driving it around everywhere?! :wink: :biggrin: (Of course, I've gotten a speeding ticket in a convertible, which IMO is just wrong on a beautiful day with the top down, tunes cranked, zipping thru curves, a decent looking blond chic at the wheel, but hey what do I know?)

TPP, you're breaking my heart. Ford???

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jul 2012 14:59 #16 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic This made me drool
My first car
http://www.artvalue.com/image.aspx?PHOTO_ID=2708990&width=500&height=500

A surfboard stuck nose down in the passenger compartment sure changes the cornering/handling characteristics.

First and only car I totaled

10 Jul 2012 16:20 #17 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic This made me drool

Science Chic wrote: I've went to the showroom in Park Meadows a while back, they didn't have the Model S yet at that point. I sat in the Roadster - too low for me.

I'd love to take one for a spin, think they'd give it to me because I'd be a great salesperson driving it around everywhere?! :wink: :biggrin: (Of course, I've gotten a speeding ticket in a convertible, which IMO is just wrong on a beautiful day with the top down, tunes cranked, zipping thru curves, a decent looking blond chic at the wheel, but hey what do I know?)

TPP, you're breaking my heart. Ford???

I've been to the Tesla showroom in Boulder, but not Park Meadows. You may want to check out rentals, I heard some cos were renting electrics, maybe a way to check them out for a few days.
Enterprise already has Leafs and Volts for rent at some locations, maybe more models in the future.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jul 2012 16:50 #18 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic This made me drool
Got "Big Blue" F-150, in 1990, it has over 2K on it and the only thing that went wrong was the alternator, shortly after I got her, Thanks to M*****, who put a re-bulit one in without telling me, so I think it should just be 1 alternator. Been a Ford dude for years...

I do like Jeeps, but got them 1st, because of gas prices.

06 Sep 2012 15:33 #19 by ScienceChic
The real test...taking the Tesla out for a long distance drive...

World Exclusive! 2012 Tesla Model S Test and Range Verification
Can it Really Go 265 Miles on a Single Charge? We Run Elon's EV to E to Find Out
August 27, 2012
By Kim Reynolds

Visiting Las Vegas in the Tesla Model S
Because San Diego and Back Wasn't Far Enough
September 06, 2012
By Edward Loh, Frank Markus

06 Sep 2012 18:04 #20 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic This made me drool
There was a Tesla at our autocross events last year. He could make it from Nederland out to Front Range Airport, do the runs, and make it back home. Acceleration from a dead stop was amazing. Actually too much for an autocross course.

This year we had a Noble. Same problem with acceleration. And to think it has a Ford Taurus engine in it.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds