This made me drool

25 Feb 2011 16:51 - 08 Jan 2015 22:09 #1 by ScienceChic
Forget Tesla. Move over Bugatti Veyron, the fastest commercially made car to date. Introducing the Dagger GT by TranStar:

2,000hp. 0 to 60 in 1.5 seconds! And it looks like it could eat you alive...

Available in classic, hybrid gas-electric, or all electric (only 600hp that way), it is custom built, down to the paint color, starting at $450K and, depending on which options chosen, goes up to a mere $2M.
Official Site: http://www.gtr-xs.com/

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11007022716 ... -redefined

The Dagger GT has over-the-top ambitions of becoming the most sinister production car ever built. But what credentials does it bring to the fore? For starters, TranStar Racing lists a "who's who" of U.S. auto industry veterans. From award winning engineers and race car builders to NASA aerodynamicists and the designer of the Saleen S7, the TranStar team reaches into almost every corner.

For hardware, TranStar proposes a 572 multifuel (petrol/methanol/hydrogen/ethanol) twin turbo racing unit from Nelson Racing Engines (builders of the 1800hp Mosler Red Devil) which is capable of spewing out a seemingly insurmountable 1,491 kW (2,000 bhp / 2,028 PS). Peak torque is said to be 2,710Nm (2,000 lb-ft) running through a TranStar/Mendeola 6-speed transmission.

Expected performance figures are equally astounding: 0-60 mph in 1.5 seconds, quarter mile in less than 6.7 seconds and a top speed of over 483 km/h (300mph).

Who wants to buy me one?! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2011 17:24 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic This made me drool
Doesn't look like there is much clearance for putting chains on that puppy <evil grin>

Edited to add - This was my first new car:

:biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

25 Feb 2011 17:50 #3 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic This made me drool
I'm impressed with the acceleration. I used to drag race...didn't matter how much horsepower, if you couldn't get the traction. Hard to believe 0-60 in 1.5 seconds without some serious slicks, and a wheelie bar....

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

25 Feb 2011 17:58 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic This made me drool
Was at the SEMA show, made only 5 on 2010, most sold for over 600k.
Supposed to build another 5 for 2011.
300+ MPH daily driver.

10 May 2011 00:05 - 08 Jan 2015 22:15 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic This made me drool
Apparently, whoever wrote the article below doesn't know about the car I originally posted about! :) Zero to sixty in 3 sec? Pashaw - yawn! :biggrin: But, Jaguar does have a well-known name (and not so reliable track record), unlike TranStar.

Baddest-ass hybrid in the world to become a reality
by Christopher Mims
6 May 2011

Jaguar has announced plans to build a hybrid-electric supercar that goes from 0 to 60 in three seconds -- proving once again that green cars aren't just better for the environment; they're also substantially more bad-ass than the belching, muck-fueled dinosaurs they replace.

As the CEO of Tata (which owns Jaguar) puts it: "[This points to] a sustainable future, but not a boring future."

I still like the Dagger better - looks meaner and faster!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 May 2011 06:51 #6 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic This made me drool
Thinking of title "This made me drool"
Question to hubby she's pretty easy isn't she?

10 May 2011 11:30 #7 by ScienceChic
Yeah, as long as you have a spare $2 Mil laying around! rofllol

10 May 2011 20:12 #8 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic This made me drool
?

10 May 2011 23:32 #9 by ScienceChic
Ooh, that's hitting below the belt pine! :biggrin: You got me there though! rofllol

Does he come with that spare $2M laying around...or the Dagger GT?! Forget the drooling, I'd be all out panting!! :excited: :biggrin:

11 May 2011 06:17 #10 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic This made me drool
Being a geek chick, this is for you SC, the NEXT "CONAN"

Now on "HBO's "Game of Thrones", Highly recommend watching, totally diferent then what you would think.

Before that remember him in "StarGate Atlantis"?

Enjoy, see ya Sunday?

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds