Mountain Blotter- New 4/10/2011

27 Feb 2011 11:52 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Mountain Blotter- New 4/10/2011 was created by CinnamonGirl
Mountain blotter 2/25/2011

Man with rifle in Conifer parkling lot worrisome
Jeffco Sheriff deputies went to the Conifer Safeway at 10853 U.W. 285 on Feb. 18 because a report came in about a man walking around the parking lot holding a rifle with a scope on it. When the deputy got within 20 yards of the man he ordered him to raise his hands and get on his knees. The man explained he was doing target practice earlier, slid his truck into a ditch and had to get a ride to Conifer.

More

http://denver.yourhub.com/Evergreen/Sto ... 48105.aspx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2011 14:08 #2 by major bean
Concerning the man with the rifle it is obvious that the cop does not know or either does not respect the law.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Feb 2011 15:58 #3 by mtnjunkanoo

major bean wrote: Concerning the man with the rifle it is obvious that the cop does not know or either does not respect the law.

Major Bean....I am not quite sure what you mean by that response. I would hope the deputies would take a report of a man walking with a rifle in the parking lot seriously.

27 Feb 2011 16:45 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
I read about this earlier somewhere. Blotter is incomplete. Man had his dog, was checked out and no problems.

27 Feb 2011 17:40 #5 by Photo-fish
Having it stored in a case would have made it less suspect.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Feb 2011 17:45 #6 by jf1acai
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8548 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8548<!-- l -->

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

27 Feb 2011 19:30 #7 by major bean
Colorado is an open carry state. It is perfectly legal to carry a rifle in public. Stopping the man for a legal action is harassment. The cop had no legal basis for stopping the man and demanding that he kneel. Either that or the cop thought that he does not have to respect the man's legal right.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Feb 2011 20:30 #8 by mtnjunkanoo
I understand that COlorado is an open carry state, however, the deputies had no idea what the mans intentions were, and given the lack of information, they did the right thing. From what I have read, the questioned the man, keeping everyone safe, and the situation was resolved. What if the guy was waiting for someone to call the police, so they could take them out as they arrived?

28 Feb 2011 08:31 #9 by Nobody that matters

mtnjunkanoo wrote: What if the guy was waiting for someone to call the police, so they could take them out as they arrived?

Then the someone that called the police on a man that was well within his rights to be carrying a rifle would have to live with being an accomplice.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

03 Apr 2011 18:33 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Mountain Blotter- New 4/10/2011
New 4/4/2011

Passenger with no pot license busted in Conifer
On March 27, Jeffco deputies stopped a car traveling southbound on U.S. 285 near Richmond Hill Road in Conifer. The vehicle's license plate lights were defective. The deputy inquired about the aroma in the car and the driver said, " Marijuana, but I have a license. The female passenger admitted she was smoking her own marijuana and became upset, but handed over her paraphernalia and marijuana to the deputy. She was issued a summons for possession and the driver a warning for the license plate lights.

Pizza place patrons lock rowdy customers outside.
A Jeffco deputy responded to Crossroads Pizza and Wings in Conifer On March 26, at 16 Mt. Evans Blvd in reference to a fight. While en-route dispatch advised that three to four males were fighting The deputy activated his light and siren. Patrons in the bar said they didn't know the men but there was wrestling going on and an argument between some men who began to push each other. The owner and his wife and some patrons encouraged the men to go outside, then locked the door after they were outside.

More.... http://denver.yourhub.com/Golden/Storie ... 66198.aspx

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds