Craft Brewing

31 Mar 2011 06:19 #21 by High Country Home Brewer
I lust cloned Double Chocolate Stout for someone not hoppy enough for me but still interesting recipe we should start posting recipes once a week I will start with my double choc stout when I get to office I have recipe on filling cabinet.
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2011 19:27 - 02 Apr 2011 12:08 #22 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing
We just brewed an India Black Ale. Got it at the local home brew store. (Boy that feels good to say).

Worse thing about brewing is like Tom Petty says..."the waiting is hardest part".

01 Apr 2011 20:18 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Craft Brewing

EddieWess wrote: We just brewed an India Dark Ale. Got it at the local home brew store. (Boy that feels good to say).

Worse thing about brewing is like Tom Petty says..."the waiting is hardest part".

If you keg you can drink it a day or so after it's done fermenting..The keg is $30, and the tank is $50 (?) or so..It carbonates in a day and without sugar..Stomp the grapes right off I-70..It sucks sterilizing bottles

01 Apr 2011 20:22 #24 by UNDER MODERATION

High Country Home Brewer wrote: I lust cloned Double Chocolate Stout for someone not hoppy enough for me but still interesting recipe we should start posting recipes once a week I will start with my double choc stout when I get to office I have recipe on filling cabinet.
Chuck

I got sick of malty brews, then I got sick of hoppy IPA's, now i'm liking red and American lagers..I've gone full circle..

02 Apr 2011 07:21 #25 by High Country Home Brewer
If you keg you can drink it a day or so after it's done fermenting..The keg is $30, and the tank is $50 (?) or so..It carbonates in a day and without sugar..Stomp the grapes right off I-70..It sucks sterilizing bottles

U scared me good I just visited there home page went to home kegging and saw an empty co2 5lb for107.99 & keg for 50
I almost thought I had payed to much

02 Apr 2011 12:10 #26 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing
We've been kegging for almost 2 years now.

02 Apr 2011 19:13 #27 by High Country Home Brewer
I am keg conditioning a batch now, figured I would save gas and get the bottle conditioned effect, so I added my priming sugar put in one big bottle (keg) see how it goes anyone else do this?
Chuck

03 Apr 2011 17:32 #28 by UNDER MODERATION

High Country Home Brewer wrote:
U scared me good I just visited there home page went to home kegging and saw an empty co2 5lb for107.99 & keg for 50
I almost thought I had payed to much

It was so long ago I don't remember what we paid....I heard the kegs went up..They are just refurbished Coke n Pepsi kegs..So if you see them laying around behind fast food resturants I don't think it would be so bad to borrow a few..The O ring refurbish kit is like 4 bucks at stompin the grapes..I don't know if you've been to stompin the grapes but if you have do you remember that bar next to it? The one that has to security guards with shotguns standing out front? Talk about a sh** nieghborhood, they must be paying $100/month to rent that place..

PS-There is a little trick to carbonate instantly with the keg, but I don't recomend it unless youre in an emergency situation.

03 Apr 2011 17:34 #29 by UNDER MODERATION

High Country Home Brewer wrote: I am keg conditioning a batch now, figured I would save gas and get the bottle conditioned effect, so I added my priming sugar put in one big bottle (keg) see how it goes anyone else do this?
Chuck

No, you don't use sugar when you keg..The co2 carbonates it. You keg it it, apply the pressure and chill for 2 days and voila! It's done.

03 Apr 2011 17:41 #30 by High Country Home Brewer
Why not u can carbonate with honey, priming sugar, agave nectar, or force carbonation with co2.
PS NEVER TURN YOUR BOTTLE HORIZONTAL OR UPSIDE DOWN
Chuck

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds