Craft Brewing

05 Apr 2011 14:02 #51 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing
Would there be a category for extracts, as I do not do all grain brewing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2011 15:40 #52 by High Country Home Brewer
I'm in with a minimum of 5 brewers. Come on Eddie

05 Apr 2011 15:45 #53 by High Country Home Brewer
When is pick nick anywayschuck

07 Apr 2011 19:43 #54 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Craft Brewing

EddieWess wrote: Would there be a category for extracts, as I do not do all grain brewing?

No, thats not real brewing..It's halfway between store bought and Homebrew though..You're heading in the right direction there

07 Apr 2011 19:58 #55 by High Country Home Brewer
I suppose we all aren't as fortunate to go straight into full grain like you, we all start somewhere I say no need to share your recipe until fat lady sings. That way anyone who wants to participate can, if u really feel like a kit can't compete than why not let anyone regardless of recipe?
Chuck

07 Apr 2011 20:11 #56 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Craft Brewing

High Country Home Brewer wrote: I suppose we all aren't as fortunate to go straight into full grain like you, we all start somewhere I say no need to share your recipe until fat lady sings. That way anyone who wants to participate can, if u really feel like a kit can't compete than why not let anyone regardless of recipe?
Chuck

C'mon...Thats Mr Beer brewing? They do everything, you just boil it and throw in some yeast..We use idigenious high country barley's and grains we malt ourselves, and our own freshly grown hops..It's really our own creation..And from experience guys, it's so much better. You can make a mash tun yourself cheaply with a cooler and some hardware they sell everwhere..

The contest is not until august

07 Apr 2011 20:18 #57 by High Country Home Brewer
Well I'm not offering the prize so I can't say,but it is my opinion that we should let all participate no matter what level of brewer they may b. I think we should do everything we can to increase home brewing enthusiasm.I have drank some really good kits and will enter a kit and grain to show that the quality of kits all depend on the recipe.
Chuck

07 Apr 2011 20:25 #58 by High Country Home Brewer
I will offer for anyone to use my gear if they would like to do an all grain brew. VL u are correct nothing compares to sitting over a mill while grinding,smelling grains steeping, a fresh hops dump, it is magnificent !!!!!!!
Chuck

08 Apr 2011 14:35 #59 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing

High Country Home Brewer wrote: I will offer for anyone to use my gear if they would like to do an all grain brew. VL u are correct nothing compares to sitting over a mill while grinding,smelling grains steeping, a fresh hops dump, it is magnificent !!!!!!!
Chuck

Even though I am alowly guttersnipe of an extract brewer I too have experienced the joy of sitting over a mill while grinding, smelling grains steeping, and a fresh hops dump. (I must admit I did not like the mess of the fresh hops, pellets are a little easier to work with). And yes it truly is magnificent.

I am one brewer who did start with Mr. Beer, I did 2 or 3 brews until I got my equipment together. Mr. Beer is a worthwhile product to get folks into the hobby.

VL I'd love see your malting facility and hop garden someday.

And Chuck, I just might take you up on your offer to do an all grain.

08 Apr 2011 16:12 #60 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Craft Brewing
You guys have me interested. Where can I go to learn more? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds